Welcome to the KR Training June 2018 newsletter!
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
On July 14-15 we are offering a one time special medical class taught by Dr. Ben Weger. Medical Preparedness is an in-depth, two day course on medical issues for individuals and families looking to improve their overall readiness for medical issues. The student will learn various first aid skills necessary in an emergency, along with techniques to manage various illnesses and injuries until skilled help arrives.
No prior medical training is required to attend. The class will be inside in the air-conditioned classroom.
Sign up for Saturday morning ($120), all day Saturday ($200), or the full 2-day class ($350).
Family discount offer! Get two slots for $200/$350/$600 *must pay in full in advance for discount.
AUGUST 4th COOLFIRE & WALTHER DEMO & EVALUATION
KR Training, in collaboration with Dvorak Instruments, Walther Arms, and Paulus Consulting, will be offering students an opportunity to evaluate the Walther PPQ M2 pistol and the CoolFire Trainer simulated recoil system.
The event, to be held August 4th from 9-12 at the A-Zone Range, will be a beta test for a possible new research study, evaluating the relative benefit of the Cool Fire product vs. live fire for shooter development. All guns and ammo will be provided. Event is open to up to 24 participants. Event cost is $20. Pre-registration and payment in full in advance is required.
Basic & LTC Courses
- Handgun Coaching – July 21 am
- License to Carry – July 21 pm
- Handgun: Beyond the Basics – July 7 (SOLD OUT), July 22 (Sunday – spaces available!)
- Basic Pistol 2 – July 28 (Daub)
Defensive Skills Program
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
We will be announcing our full schedule of Sept-Dec classes in the July newsletter.
RANGEMASTER TAC-CON NORTHWEST
Karl and Ed Vinyard will be representing KR Training at the NorthWest Regional Tac-Con, July 27-29, 2018, to be held at the Firearms Academy of Seattle in southern Washington state. Haven’t made summer vacation plans yet? Join us in the Pacific Northwest for cool weather and great training.
NOTES FROM KR: RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Rangemaster Instructor Class, April 2018 pics and follow-up
- Defensive Pistol Skills small gun class AAR – May 2018
June was super busy – 15 days on the range teaching, not counting multiple range maintenance days, and 13 music performances. We’ll get back to blogging in July and August. Many articles in queue to complete and share in the coming weeks.
Don’t miss future blog posts! Visit our blog site to sign up, and they’ll come straight to your email.
- The latest edition of The Situation with Paul Martin
- Active Killer Pre-Attack Behavior, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Armed Citizen – July 2018 Analysis – Part III, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Armed Citizen Tasks – July 2018, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Introducing New Age Restrictions on Weapon Accessory Ads, Facebook
- Gunshot Wound and First Aid Certification Course, U.S. Law Shield
- Words of Wisdom, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Revealed: Google Banning AdWords Like ‘Gun Grips, Scopes and Sights’, Breitbart.com
- Snakebite Management (pre-hospital), WSED.org
- Guns haven’t changed in America. People have., Walter Williams, Daily Signal
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Death by Gun Violence, Jim Cox, Fee.org
- Poll: Do you agree with laws allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons?, MSNBC.com
- Combative Pistol: The Epistemology of Dave Spaulding, Dr. Sherman House, CivilianDefender.com
- Answer, but don’t open your door, John Daub, Hsoi Blog
- Do Something, BuildingShooters.com
- Training with Spencer Keepers – May 2018, John Daub, Hsoi Blog
- Cypress-area gun club sets sights on female fellowship and empowerment, Chron.com
- Memorial Day: Remembering Thomas W. Fowler, Lawrence Person, BattleSwarmBlog.com
- Lessons from a Negligent Discharge at MAG-40, Safety Solutions Academy
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through late October 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open for everything listed. We are adding more classes to Sept-Dec. They will be announced in the July newsletter.
Thank you for sending your friends and family to train with us. Your referrals keep our classes full and help us continue to offer in-demand classes that specifically address the needs of responsible armed citizens. Remember, now you can train with even more purpose through the KR Training Defensive Pistol Skills Program. Start working to earn your coin now.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team