Welcome to the KR Training March 2018 newsletter!
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS PROGRAM
We have created a master certificate and challenge coin that will be awarded to students that have completed 40 hours of training with us. The core curriculum is Texas LTC (from any trainer), DPS-1, DPS-2, DPS-3, Personal Tactics Skills, Beyond Basics Handgun, AT-2 Scenarios, Low Light Shooting, and at least one from a list of elective courses. We are offering several of the rarely offered classes in this program (DPS-3 April 14th and Personal Tactics Skills June 9) over the next few months so students that are close to completing the program requirements can earn their coins.
APRIL DISCOUNT OFFERS
April 15th: Handgun: Beyond the Basics and Defensive Long Gun Essentials. $160 ($40 savings). Must pay in full in advance. These two courses cover material not included in other courses. Taken together they are a great foundation for defensive skills on any platform. Visit the class links for full descriptions and prerequisites.
April 21st: Basic Pistol 1 and Gun Selection Clinic with John Daub. $100 ($20 savings). Must pay in full in advance. Learn the basics of safe gun handling, accurate shooting, and what to look for when purchasing a handgun.
50% off refresher slots in any course you’ve taken before.
INSTRUCTOR / RANGE SAFETY OFFICER CERTIFICATION CLASSES
In April I’m teaching and hosting multiple instructor and range safety officer classes. Many of them are weekday courses associated with the national A Girl and a Gun conference and Tom Givens’ instructor course.
- NRA Range Safety Officer – April 18 (Burnet, TX)
- NRA Pistol Instructor – April 25-26
- Rangemaster Pistol Instructor (Givens) – April 27-29
- NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor – April 30
We’ve added more classes to the schedule, including:
Basic & LTC Courses
- Basic Pistol 1 – April 21 (Daub)
- Gun Selection Clinic – April 21 (Daub)
- Basic Pistol 2 – May 5 (Daub)
- Handgun Coaching – May 20 am
- License to Carry – May 20 pm (Rehn), May 27 (Maldonado), June 16 (Rehn)
Defensive Skills Program
- Defensive Pistol Skills 3 – April 14th
- Beyond Basics Handgun – April 15th am
- Defensive Long Gun Essentials – April 15th pm
- Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – May 5 (Daub)
- Defensive Pistol Skills Small Gun – May 19
- Advanced Training 4 – May 19 pm
- Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – June 9
- Personal Tactics Skills – June 9
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
- Appendix Carry IWB Skills (Keepers) – May 26
- Essential Handgun Skills (Keepers) – May 27
- School Safety / Active Shooter – June 2-3
- Armed Parent (Lauer/Johnston) – June 23-24
- Medical Preparedness (Weger) – July 14-15
RANGEMASTER TAC-CON 2018
Karl, Dave Reichek and Tracy Thronburg represented KR Training at the 2018 Rangemaster Tactical Conference. Karl has been posting a series of after action reports on the KR Training blog: part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4, with more parts to be posted soon. Registration for the 2019 conference, to be held at a new facility near New Orleans, is open. It’s the best value for your training dollar available. I’d like to see more KR Training students attend in 2019! It’s open to everyone regardless of skill level – not just for instructors or top tier shooters. The event sells out quickly so I suggest registering soon to ensure you get a slot.
Karl and Ed Vinyard will be representing KR Training at the NorthWest Regional Tac-Con, July 26-28, 2018, to be held at the Firearms Academy of Seattle in southern Washington state. Haven’t made summer vacation plans yet? Join us in the Pacific Northwest for cool weather and great training.
- North Hollywood Shootout (Tactical Professor)
- Weekend Knowledge Dump – school shootings (Active Response Training)
- Karl on American Warrior Society podcast (American Warrior Society)
- Complete Combatant Raffle (win KR Training gift certificates!)
- Improving Grip and Recoil Control (Hsoi)
- Shooting death in parking lot in The Domain shopping mall in Austin (KXAN)
- Magical Thinking (View from the Porch)
- Wheelgun Wednesday (Tactical Professor)
- Purdue study on active shooter (Post Tribune)
- Eight Stubborn Facts about Gun Violence (Daily Signal)
- Eight times lives were saved with an AR-15 (Daily Signal)
- Wheelgunning at the Tactical Conference (Tactical Professor)
- TAMU Corps of Cadets Marksmanship Team wins military 3 gun match (CCMU)
- Here’s Who Actually Attended the “March for our Lives” (Washington Post)
- Interesting Take on “The Path Forward on Guns” (Gun Culture 2.0)
- Everybody’s Lying About the Link Between Gun Ownership and Homicide (Medium.com)
- Arming Teachers: Science or Shot in the Dark? (Chicago Tribune)
- Holy Crap! On People Leaving Guns in Bathrooms (Gun Culture 2.0)
- What Stopped the Great Mills High School Shooter in Maryland (and what did not) (Gunfreezone.net)
- Take a Second, Save a Leg (Cornered Cat)
- Day 1 AAR Video, Tac-Con 2018 (Active Self Protection)
- Video Overview of this year’s Tactical Conference (Paul Carlson)
- A Summary of Proper Pistol Grips (And Some Unacceptable Grips) (A Girl and A Gun)
- Wrong Question (Cornered Cat)
- Inside an Accused School Shooter’s Mind (Washington Post)
- March Rangemaster Newsletter, featuring NW Tactical Conference Information (Rangemaster)
- Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High-Capacity Magazines (National Review)
- 3 Lessons From Tragedy: Avoiding Violence in Personal Relationships (Texas Personal Defensive Training Group)
- Are you sufficiently self-confident? (Hsoi)
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through early July 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open in everything listed.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team