Welcome to the KR Training November 2018 newsletter! Class dates for January and February are set, along with guest instructor visits and Karl’s road classes.
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or subscribe to this blog for more frequent posts and information.
- Jan 5-6 – Preparedness Seminar 1 and Preparedness Seminar 2 for $250
- Jan 12 – Basic Pistol 1 and Gun Cleaning and Maintenance for $120
- Jan 13 – Handgun Coaching and Texas License To Carry for $100
- Jan 26-27 Active Shooter/School Safety – teachers attend for half price ($200), school administrators attend for FREE
Must pay in full in advance to get the discounts.
PREPAREDNESS TRAINING JANUARY 5 & 6
Start your new year off right by attending one or both days of preparedness training with Paul Martin, the KR Training staff, and some special guests!
Saturday January 5 is the “everything except guns” day (Preparedness Seminar 1)- medical from Dr. Ben Weger, kubaton w/ Tracy Thronburg, fitness with John Daub, chainsaws with John Kochan, and multiple sessions from Paul on a variety of preparedness topics. $160
Sunday January 6 is the “nothing but guns” day (Preparedness Seminar 2) – a mix of lecture, live fire and scenario training covering topics specific to preparedness, focusing on how the prepper can better assist the untrained/undertrained in their lives with gun selection, firearms skills and team tactics in an emergency. Immersive Training Solutions will be bringing their full screen video simulator and everyone will get to run at least one scenario on that. Paul and Karl will also run a “Get Home Bag” live fire/medical scenario that incorporates multiple skills and gear. $160
Sign up for both days, pay in full in advance and get the discounted price of $250.
HOCK HOCKHEIM JAN 19-20
We are hosting internationally known Texas-based trainer Hock Hockheim January 19-20. The class will be a mix of training across multiple disciplines: unarmed, knife, stick, gun. No prior martial arts training experience is necessary to attend. The Hand, Hock, knife gun course is a bargain for 2 days at $199.
OTHER JANUARY CLASSES
Jan 13th is “my new year’s resolution was to get my carry permit” day, with Handgun Coaching in the morning and Texas License To Carry in the afternoon. Take both for the discount price of $100. We do not plan to offer the LTC course very often in 2019 so those wanting to take the course from Karl should take advantage of this opportunity.
Another option for completing the carry permit training is to take the classroom portion online. We recommend the Point Blank CHL online course. Those completing the online portion can attend the Handgun Coaching course on Jan 13, which ends with the LTC qualification course of fire. That course meets state requirements for the 2 hours of in-person range time training required for the “blended” LTC course. We are also working to develop our own online LTC course.
Another session of the state-certified Active Shooter/School Safety class is scheduled for Jan 26-27. This course is suitable for anyone interested in armed active shooter response. For this session we intend to bring Immersive Training Solutions out on day 2 so students can run the active shooter program on their full screen (indoor) video simulator. $400 for the 2 day course. Teachers attend for half price ($200). School administrators attend for free.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND CLASSES
All events at the A-Zone Range unless noted otherwise
- Preparedness Seminar 1 – Jan 5, 9a-5p, Paul Martin, John Daub, John Kochan, Ben Weger, Tracy Thronburg, $160
- Preparedness Seminar 2 (firearms) – Jan 6, 9a-5p, Karl Rehn, Paul Martin, Immersive Training Solutions, $160
- Basic Pistol 1 – Jan 12 9a-12, Karl Rehn, $80
- Gun Cleaning and Maintenance – Jan 12, 1p-3p, Karl Rehn, $50
- Handgun Coaching – Jan 13, 9a-11p, Karl Rehn, $60
- Texas License To Carry – Jan 13, 12-5p, Karl Rehn, $80
- Hand, Hock, knife gun – Jan 19-20, Hock Hockheim, $199
- Active Shooter (School Safety) – Jan 26-27, Karl Rehn, Immersive Training Solutions, $400
- Defensive Pistol Skills 3 – Feb 9, 8a-2p, Rehn, $120
- Personal Tactics Skills – Feb 9, 2p-5p, Rehn, $60
- Historical Handgun (one day) – Feb 10, 9a-5p, Rehn, $200
- Two Person Team Tactics – Feb 16, 9a-5p, John Murphy, $200
- Vehicle Environment Skills – Feb 17, 9a-5p, John Murphy, $200
- Book Review – The Low Light Fight (Michael Seeklander, 2016)
- Critical Incident Video Release, NRF049-18, LAPD via YouTube
- Ayoob: 5 Cases That Show the Dangers of a Hair Trigger, Massad Ayoob for Combat Handguns Magazine, reposted by Personal Defense World
- From the Ground Up: Grip and Recoil Management, Annette Evans for Target Barn
- Weekend Knowledge Dump – October 19, 2018, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Don’t Rely On Justice Kavanaugh To Protect Gun Rights, Mark Overstreet, The Federalist
- Post Election Riots?, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- The sociology of U.S. gun culture, David Yamane, Wiley Online Library
- AAR: KR Training “Historical Handgun,” Culpepper, VA, 10/20/18, pistol-forum.com
- Calls for “Commonsense” Gun Control Sound Senseless after Pittsburgh Shooting, Reason.com
- Consistency, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Oral history with 82 year old male, Salmon, Idaho (part 1 of 2), Library of Congress
- The Problem With the FBI’s “Active Shooter Data,” Real Clear Politics
- Armed Citizens Stop Mass Murder – citizens save lives before the police arrive, Slow Facts
- 9mm vs. .40cal, Police Mag
- Killing You Softly with His Words – Judge Approves Seattle Gun Storage Law, Slow Facts
- Practice 2018: The KR Training Three Second Drill, Sensible Self Defense Blog
- The Situation with Paul Martin – 038
- Go ahead and pack your weed this Thanksgiving – the TSA probably won’t find it, Reason.com
Registration is open for all classes on the KR Training schedule. Weekday private lessons are still available on a limited basis.
Thank you for sending your friends and family to train with us. Your referrals keep our classes full and help us continue to offer in-demand classes that specifically address the needs of responsible armed citizens. Remember, now you can train with even more purpose through the KR Training Defensive Pistol Skills Program. Start working to earn your coin now.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team