Ammo is slowly becoming more available and less expensive. We have loaded up our schedule with classes for all levels. May and June are great months to train before the serious summer heat of July and August arrive. Mask and class size restrictions are all lifted and we are back to normal operations.
UPCOMING CLASSES AT THE A-ZONE
Here are the classes we have scheduled with space available through end of June. Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
Courses marked with *** are core classes that count toward the Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coin. Any pistol course (Red Dot, Competition, Team Tactics) taught by in-house staff can count toward your elective hours.
- ***May 1 (morning), LTC Completion/Basic Pistol 2
- ***May 1 (afternoon), DPS-1 Small Gun
- May 13 (Thursday night), USPSA match
- May 15 (morning), Advanced Training 4
- May 15 (afternoon), Competition Pistol 1 – for people new to competition!
- May 16, Beyond Basics Rifle (AR-15)
- May 23, Red Dot Pistol Essentials
- May 27, (Thursday night), USPSA match
- May 29-30 – USPSA Level 1 Range Officer certification course
- June 5 – Medicine X Scenarios (Lone Star Medics)
- June 6 – Dynamic First Aid (Lone Star Medics)
- June 10 (Thursday night), USPSA match
- ***June 12 (morning), LTC Completion/Basic Pistol 2
- ***June 12 (afternoon), Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- June 19, Team Tactics
- June 24 (Thursday night), USPSA match
- ***June 26 – Defensive Pistol Skills 2 (morning)
- ***June 26 – Personal Tactics Skills (afternoon)
CLASSES WITH DOUG GREIG (CONROE AREA)
- May 1, 10-2, Basic Handgun – Thunder Gun Range
- May 1, 2:30-6:30, Basic Rifle – Thunder Gun Range
- May 8, 10-2, Moms Only Basic Handgun – Thunder Gun Range
- May 22, 10-2, Defensive Handgun 1 – Thunder Gun Range
- May 22, 2:30-6:30, Defensive Handgun 2 – Thunder Gun Range
- May 29, 10-2, Defensive Rifle I – Thunder Gun Range
- May 29, 2:30-6:30, Defensive Rifle II – Thunder Gun Range
CHALLENGE COINS EARNED
Five more students earned their Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coins in April. Congratulations to Stephen J, O. Lee J IV, Bojan B, Chris S and Thomas W for completing 40 hours of training with us and passing the written test and shooting qualifications! Learn more about the Defensive Pistol Skills program here.
PREPAREDNESS SEMINAR (PAUL MARTIN)
The videos from Paul’s March 2021 preparedness seminar are now available on Vimeo. Use discount code PTM15OFF until May 15 to get 15% off download or rental cost.
SUMMER USPSA MATCHES
We are starting up our summer USPSA matches May 13. Limited to 18 shooters. No prior match experience required, but you do need to have completed a holster class with us (DPS-1 or higher level). Show up as late as 7 pm, 3-4 quick stages and the opportunity to shoot the stages again for fun after the match is over. More info and registration links here. Here’s a sample video from a great run on one of our shoot house stages.
RANGEMASTER TACTICAL CONFERENCE REPORT
Karl and John both taught sessions at the 2021 Rangemaster Tactical Conference, with Tracy Thronburg, Ed Vinyard and Dave Reichek all assisting Karl, John and other trainers as event staff. Tracy made the women’s shootoff and Dave made the men’s shootoff. Read more about 2021 TacCon in these blog posts. 2022 TacCon will be at the Dallas Pistol Club and registration will open in May. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to train with some of the nation’s best!
- Part 1 (Karl and John sessions taught)
- Part 2 (Full Schedule and sessions attended)
- Part 3 (Shootoff and Demo videos)
During Tom Givens’ 6 day marathon visit, many on the KR Training team attended one or more of the classes. There’s video from the Historical Handgun course (I co-taught with Tom) and the Revolver class on Instagram if you click the links.
Also assistant instructors Levi Nathan and David Tschirhart, along with a few new assistant-instructors-in-development (Quamodi and Wiley), adjunct instructor Mark Overstreet and many other KR Training alumni attended and passed the Rangemaster Instructor Development course. Levi wrote a class AAR you can read here. David was #2 shooter in class and Levi was top 5. Tom’s instructor class typically has a 15% failure rate, but in this session everyone passed.
SONG OF THE MONTH – MAY 8 FREE CONCERT
On Saturday May 8, Midnight Express (10-piece band with horn section) will be performing at the Wolf Pen Amphitheater in College Station. It’s a free concert, funded by City of College Station.
Some video from one of our previous shows at Wolf Pen 8 years ago of us performing Tower Of Power’s “What is Hip”.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
With the recent trend in Facebook and Twitter deplatforming and shadow banning firearms-related content, I strongly encourage you to subscribe to this blog, as direct email and blogging remain the best ways to get un-filtered, un-suppressed information. The link to subscribe is on the right hand side of every page of the blog, including this newsletter.
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team