Welcome to the KR Training July 2019 newsletter!
We’ve added more classes to our schedule through the end of the year and into 2020. Sign up now for any classes on the schedule by clicking the “Register” link at the top of the page. Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
With the heat of the summer upon us, we’re taking it easy for the month of August and gearing up for non-stop training during cooler weather in the fall. It’s the perfect time to train and expand your skill-set, so start planning your classes and registering now. September will be here before you know it!
Continue your Defensive Pistol Skills Program education in August and September with classes that apply toward your challenge coin. Remember: now is the time to check out the September and October class schedule and register for any classes you still need to complete your 40 hours of required coursework.
- August 10, 9a-1p, Defensive Long Gun Skills, Sean Hoffman, AR specific updated course!
- August 10, 2p-5p, Reloading Clinic, Karl Rehn, learn how to handload pistol ammunition on Dillon reloading presses
- August 17, 8a-12, Defensive Pistol Skills-1, John Daub, refresher slots available for half price!
- August 24, 8a-12p Top 10 Drills, John Daub, shoot the essential 10 drills from our book and assess your skills
While you’re building skills in your defensive toolkit, start thinking about attending the MAG-20 Range September 7-8 with Tracy Thronburg, followed by the MAG-20 Classroom with Massad Ayoob himself September 14-15. Together, these classes make up the MAG-40, the Massad Ayoob Group’s fundamental shooting skills and legal self-defense course for armed civilians. If you haven’t trained with Mas, register now for these classes. Click on the class links to make sure you have the gear, ammo, and mindset to prepare and be ready to learn.
SUMMER USPSA MATCHES
Our summer USPSA-format matches continue with two more matches July 31 and August 7. Anyone that has completed DPS-1 or other classes using a holster can attend and new shooters are welcome. Details and dates here.
PRIVATE TRAINING AVAILABLE
I am available for private lessons on weekdays. Contact me to schedule.
- Is The Shotgun The Future of Self Defense?, Paul Martin, Prepper Depot
- The Situation with Paul Martin: Episode 40, July 1, 2019 (video)
- Independence Day, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Weekend Knowledge Dump- July 5, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- When You Give a Teacher a Gun, GQ Magazine
- After Action Podcast: A Review of Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training with co-author, Karl Rehn (video)
- Gun Control Puts Women at Risk, Rob Morse, Slow Facts
- Weekend Knowledge Dump- July 12, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Concealed Carry Tips: How to Stop Worrying About “Printing,” Chris Baker, Lucky Gunner Lounge
- Book Review: Secrets of Double Action Shooting (Notes from KR)
- Book Review: Breakthrough Marksmanship (Notes from KR)
If you aren’t already a subscriber, to receive this newsletter each month, subscribe here or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. You can also follow and interact with us on Twitter or Instagram.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team