Welcome to the KR Training August 2018 newsletter!
We have had a very busy month, with a lot of events coming up in September and October!
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
Basic & LTC Courses
- Handgun Coaching / Texas License to Carry (LTC) course – Sept 8 & 9 (Maldonado) Take both for $110 and save $20.*
- Defensive Long Gun Essentials/ Long Gun Skill Builder – Sept 15 Take both for $100 and save $25.*
- School Safety/ Active Shooter – Golden Triangle Gun Club, Beaumont, TX, Sept 29-30. Half day, 1 day and 2 day (certificate) options available!
Defensive Skills Program
- Defensive Long Gun Essentials / Skill Builder – Sept. 15
- Beyond the Basics: Pistol / Skill Builder – Sept 22. Take both for $120 and save $30.*
- Basic Pistol 2/ Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – Sept 29 (Daub) Take both for $160 and save $40.*
- Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – Oct. 13, 8 am-12 pm
- Low Light Shooting 1 – Oct. 13, 6-9 pm
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
- AT-4: Pistol Skills Development/ AT-6: Pistol Workout – Sept 16 Take both for $150 and save $25.*
- Rangemaster Combative Pistol 2 – Oct. 6 & 7 (Givens)
- Force on Force Instructor – Oct. 12
- AT-2: Scenarios – Oct. 13, 1 – 5 pm
- AT-7: More Scenarios – Oct. 14, 1-5 pm
- Low Light Shooting 2 – Oct. 14, 6 – 9 pm
- Tac Med EDC – Nov 10, 8 am – 5 pm, Caleb Causey (Lone Star Medics)
*Must pay in advance, in full to receive discounted prices for combo registrations.
COMBATIVE PISTOL 2 (DYNAMIC PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP) – TOM GIVENS OCT 6-7
Tom Givens has trained over 48,000 students over the past 40 years. 64 of them have been successful in armed incidents, with a hit ratio of over 90% (about triple the typical law enforcement officer hit rate). Tom is returning to KR Training in early October to offer his level 2 Dynamic Pistol Marksmanship course. If you’ve taken DPS-2 or a higher level course with us, you are ready for Tom’s level 2 class. This class is also an excellent defensive pistol course for experienced IDPA / USPSA competitors that have never taken a class focusing on defensive pistol skills. It’s not a “how to draw” course. It’s a “how to win a gunfight” class.
HALF PRICE REFRESHER SLOTS
You can come back for any class you’ve taken before, for half price. Repeating a course is a great way to maintain skills for low cost, particularly if you haven’t practiced the skills you learned in our classes due to time, cost, or range limitations. Retake the class with a different gun, or go as moral support for that friend or family member you finally talked into attending.
“LEARN TO TESTIFY” SEMINARS FROM GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
KR Training graduate and Massad Ayoob Group certified instructor Rachel Malone recently became the Texas lobbyist for Gun Owners of America. She’s doing a statewide tour in September and October, offering seminars on how to be an effective speaker for gun rights at public meetings: town halls, city council, even the state Legislature. Click here to see the schedule and register (no charge) for any of the events.
COOLFIRE DISCOUNT CODE
If you missed the CoolFire/Walther event we ran earlier in August, read the AAR here. The Coolfire kit is a great way to fully simulate live fire at home, using your gun with full recoil simulation and a cycling slide. No more racking the slide to fire multiple dry fire shots! For the month of August 2018, you can save $20 off the purchase of a CoolFire Kit by using the code KR20 at checkout.
“SHOOTING GALLERY” EPISODE TAPING
NOTES FROM KR: RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Rangemaster Northwest Regional Tactical Conference – Day 1 AAR
- Rangemaster Northwest Regional Tactical Conference – Day 2 AAR
- Rangemaster Northwest Regional Tactical Conference – Day 3 AAR
- MAG-180 AAR (Tracy Thronburg)
- Coolfire/Walther evaluation day AAR
Don’t miss future blog posts! Visit our blog site to sign up, and they’ll come straight to your email.
KR TRAINING SHOOTING TEAM NEWS
Jason Wilson, who has been a regular at the A-zone summer matches the past few years, earned the rank of Grand Master in the Revolver division of the US Practical Shooting Association in August. Many of the scores he shot at the A-Zone matches contributed to that achievement.
KR Training shooting team captain Roy Stedman won Gold in the Senior Classic division, Silver in Classic Overall and Bronze in the shoot offs at the IPSC Pan American Handgun Championship held in Jamaica in August.
- YouTube’s Minister of Self-Defense, The Atlantic (article about John Correia of Active Self Protection)
- Holster retention systems and sloppy research, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- The 1986 Plastic Gun Panic, The Volokh Conspiracy (hosted by reason.com)
- Interior Vehicle Counter Ambush Mechanics and Corresponding Timelines FOF Scenarios (video), William Petty
- The God Squad: Protecting Houses of Worship, S.W.A.T. Magazine
- Sad But True, View from the Porch, Tamara Keel
- Weekend Knowledge Dump (July 27, 2018), Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- The Origin and Evolution of Dot Torture, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- The importance of training with firearms in low light (video), Guns.com
- Comparative Standards, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Class Review (KR Training) – LockedBack.com – great student AAR!
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through late October 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open for everything listed.
Thank you for sending your friends and family to train with us. Your referrals keep our classes full and help us continue to offer in-demand classes that specifically address the needs of responsible armed citizens. Remember, now you can train with even more purpose through the KR Training Defensive Pistol Skills Program. Start working to earn your coin now.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team