Welcome to the KR Training April 2018 newsletter!
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS PROGRAM
We have created a 40 hour certification and challenge coin that will be awarded to students that have completed 40 hours of training with us. The core curriculum is Texas LTC (from any trainer), DPS-1, DPS-2, DPS-3, Personal Tactics Skills, Beyond Basics Handgun, AT-2 Scenarios, Low Light Shooting, and at least one from a list of elective courses. We are offering several of the rarely offered classes in this program (Personal Tactics Skills June 9, Defensive Pistol Skills 3 August 11) over the next few months so students that are close to completing the program requirements can earn their coins.
MAY & JUNE DISCOUNT OFFERS
May 19 Defensive Pistol Skills Small Gun – two slots for $120. Bring a friend!
50% off refresher slots in any course you’ve taken before.
Payment in full in advance required for discounts.
We’ve added more classes to the schedule, including:
Basic & LTC Courses
- Skill Builder – May 10, 12-1, Saddle River Range, Conroe, Texas
- Handgun Coaching – May 20 am, June 16 am, July 21 am
- License to Carry – May 20 pm (Rehn), May 27 (Maldonado), June 16 (Rehn), July 21 (Rehn)
- Handgun: Beyond the Basics – July 7
- Skill Builder: Handgun – July 7
- Basic Pistol 2 – July 28 (Daub)
Defensive Skills Program
- Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – May 10, 5-8pm, Saddle River Range, Conroe, Texas
- Defensive Pistol Skills Small Gun – May 19
- Advanced Training 4 – May 19 pm
- Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – June 9
- Personal Tactics Skills – June 9
- Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – July 28 (Daub)
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
- Appendix Carry IWB Skills (Keepers) – May 26
- Essential Handgun Skills (Keepers) – May 27
- School Safety / Active Shooter – June 2-3 (SOLD OUT!)
- School Safety / Active Shooter – June 11-12 Saddle River Range Conroe, TX
- Armed Parent (Lauer/Johnston) – June 23-24
- Medical Preparedness (Weger) – July 14-15
A GIRL AND A GUN 2018 CONFERENCE
Team KR Training is back from the 2018 A Girl and a Gun National Conference, held at Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, Texas, April 2018. Three KR Training instructors (Karl Rehn, John Kochan and Tracy Thronburg), assisted by Tiffany Johnson from Tom Givens’ Rangemaster school, presented 12 sessions at this year’s conference. A full AAR is posted on the KR Training blog.
RANGEMASTER TAC-CON NORTHWEST
Karl and Ed Vinyard will be representing KR Training at the NorthWest Regional Tac-Con, July 26-28, 2018, to be held at the Firearms Academy of Seattle in southern Washington state. Haven’t made summer vacation plans yet? Join us in the Pacific Northwest for cool weather and great training.
- Hsoi: Ernest Langdon on Efficient Presentation
- Paul Martin: The Situation, April 3 episode
- The Firearm Blog: The True Story Behind the “Izzy” DS Target
- Hsoi: a report on recent ammo gelatin tests
- CBS News: Why do we hate the NRA?
- Paul Martin’s latest episode of The Situation: Hurricane Preparedness
- The Tactical Professor: Fun Facts About the AR-15
- Books, Bikes, & Boomsticks: Hard Lessons video
- Greg Ellifritz’s Weekend Knowledge Dump
- modernserviceweapons.com: Trigger Reset and Prepping the Trigger
- Cornered Cat: Thumb, Finger, Anchor, H-O-L-S-T-E-R
- Hsoi: on “Waiting for Jose,” and Harel Shapira
- The Writer in Black: Nobody wants to take your guns?
- KR Training article on muzzle direction during reloads, translated into Spanish
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through late October 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open for everything listed.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team