JULY 2022 UPDATE
Upcoming classes with space available:
- ***Top 10 Drills – July 23 am
- ***Basic Pistol 2 / Online LTC Completion – July 23 am
- ***Active Shooter (Part 1) – July 27
- Basic Rifle – July 31
- Advanced Training 4 – August 6 am
- Reloading Clinic (indoors) – August 6 pm
- Tac Med Every Day Carry – August 13
- Cut N Stuff (knife + medical) – August 14
- Intermediate Rifle – August 21
- FOF Instructor – August 27 (MEMPHIS, TN)
- Tactical Scenarios – August 28 (MEMPHIS, TN)
- ***Basic Pistol 2 / Online LTC Completion – Sept 10 am
- ***Red Dot Pistol Essentials – Sept 11
- ***Handgun Beyond Basics – Sept 17 am
- ***Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – Sept 17 pm
- Defensive Rifle 1 – Sept 18
- Force on Force Instructor – Sept 23
- ***Tactical Scenarios (AT-2 Scenarios) – Sept 24
- ***Tactics Laboratory (AT-5) – Sept 25
- MedX FoF Scenarios – Sept 26
- Pistol Shooting Solutions (Gabe White) – Oct 1-2
- Massad Ayoob Group MAG-20 Range – Oct 6-7
- Massad Ayoob Group MAG-20 Classroom – Oct 8-9
- ***Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – Oct 15 afternoon
- ***Low Light Shooting 1 – Oct 15 evening
- ***Defensive Pistol Skills 3 – Oct 23
- Church Security Instructor (Steve Moses) – Oct 29-30
Courses marked with *** are classes that count toward the Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coin. Any pistol course taught by in-house staff can count toward your elective hours. More class dates through end of December are listed here.
Prices and registration links are at www.krtraining.com
ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING JULY 27
A private group requested that I offer the Active Shooter course designed by the Department of Public Safety. They have allowed me to open that class up to general registration. This is day 1 of the 2-day course. It includes 200 rounds of range work (in the morning) plus lecture and indoor scenarios in the afternoon. We will likely offer day 2 of this curriculum on a weekday in August, for those that want the complete 2 day course and official state certification in this material. Registration is now open.
MEMPHIS, TN FORCE ON FORCE WEEKEND AUG 27-28
I will be in Memphis, TN teaching Force on Force Instructor and Tactical Scenarios the weekend of August 27-28. Classroom will be at JNISSI Safety Consultants and the scenario class will be held at The Gun Store & Range on Winchester Road. These classes need a few more people to register so they ‘make’ so please spread the word to people in the Memphis area about them.
LONE STAR MEDICS CLASSES AUGUST 13-14
Lone Star Medics returns in August for their one day TacMedEDC medical response course, and “Cut and Stuff” – a combo class combining knife related medic skills with a 1/2 day of knife training from Allen Elishewitz. Slots are still available in these classes.
KR TRAINING STAFF NEWS
I was one of a dozen instructors invited to the Surgical Speed Shooting Summit by SureFire’s Andy Stanford. Joining me at that event were other national trainers, including Greg Ellifritz, John Hearne, Lee Weems, John Holschen, John Johnston, Melody Lauer, Don Redl, Claude Werner and many others.
I shared videos, photos and a writeup about the event on these two blog posts.
In June I accepted an invitation to join the board of directors for the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network. They are the organization we recommend for armed citizen self defense legal services.
Paul Martin will be training with the Department of Public Safety, getting certified to teach the new First Responder handgun course. Fire & EMS personnel in rural counties that complete this new state certified course will be allowed to carry while on duty. DPS is also allowing instructors to offer the course to carry permit holders, as a higher level tactical/defensive pistol course. We will have more details about the course and our plans to offer it to students in September.
SONG OF THE MONTH
In June the Texas T-Birds played a fun backyard party show with help from two friends that sat in with the band. Here’s part of our jam on the classic “Takin Care of Business”. We will be performing Friday July 15 at College Station’s Calvary Court Canteen from 7-10 pm.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team