UPCOMING CLASSES AT THE A-ZONE
Many of the classes coming up this fall are already full or close to full. If you are interested in any of the fall classes I suggest registering soon!
Here are the classes we have coming up in Texas with space available. Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
Courses marked with *** are core classes that count toward the Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coin. Any pistol course taught by in-house staff can count toward your elective hours.
- August 28 – Preparedness Summer School Day 1 – Paul Martin (ONLINE ONLY)
- August 29 – Preparedness Summer School Day 2 (medical) – Dr. Ben Weger (ONLINE ONLY)
- Sept 2 – End of Summer USPSA match
- ***Sept 11 am – LTC Completion (Basic Pistol 2)
- ***Sept 11 pm – Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- ***Sept 18 am – Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- ***Sept 18 pm – Personal Tactics Skills
- Sept 25 – Active Shooter (range only)
- Oct 2-3 – Massad Ayoob Group MAG-20
- Oct 15 – Force on Force Instructor
- ***Oct 16 am – Defensive Pistol Skills 2
- ***Oct 16 afternoon – Advanced Training 2 Scenarios
- ***Oct 16 evening – Low Light Shooting
- ***Oct 23 – Defensive Pistol Skills 3
PAUL MARTIN PREPAREDNESS SUMMER SCHOOL GOES ONLINE
Due to high demand and COVID risk we have opened up both days of the upcoming Paul Martin Preparedness Summer School events for Zoom livestreaming. Price to attend online is the same as in-person cost. Register here.
SEAN HOFFMAN, R.I.P.
KR Training assistant instructor Sean Hoffman passed away in his sleep Thursday, August 19 from an apparent heart attack. Prior to working with us, Sean had been a Marine and a law enforcement officer with the Los Angeles Police Department. Sean’s role with KR Training had expanded over the past few years, as he had been lead instructor for our red dot pistol and rifle courses. His family is still working on final arrangements for him, so there will be a full blog post with more memories of Sean and information about services and memories when that information is available. Sean was a good friend to all of us, and we mourn his loss.
MASSAD AYOOB GROUP MAG-20
Massad Ayoob will be returning to KR Training to teach his MAG-20 twenty hour classroom course on October 2-3. This class is an essential class anyone serious about armed self-defense should take. We have plenty of slots open in this upcoming course.
Each year we take a break from live fire classes during November and December. If there are non-shooting courses (scenarios, medical, legal, unarmed, pepper spray, or knife) that you are interested in, let us know and we will consider adding it to our late fall schedule.
DOUG GREIG CLASSES AT THUNDER GUN RANGE, CONROE
Sept 4 am – Basic Handgun
Sept 4 pm – Intermediate Handgun
Sept 12 am – Defensive Rifle 1
Sept 12 pm – Defensive Rifle 2
Sept 18 am – Handgun Accuracy
Sept 18 pm – Intro To Red Dot Handgun
Sept 25 am – Defensive Handgun I
Sept 25 pm – Defensive Handgun 2
- Book Review: Handguns for Self Defence: A South African Guide
- Requiem for an Unsung Hero (Andy Stanford)
- Book Review: Practical Shooting Training (Stoeger, Park)
- Gun Culture 2.0 – Guns are Normal, Normal People Use Guns
- The Federalist: What to Make of Biden’s Latest Call for Banning Guns
- 2021 Area 4 Steel Challenge Championship Match Report (KR Training team)
- Pistol Dueling in the Olympics
- A New Standard for Handgun Testing
- Cooper’s Color Codes (Uncle Zo)
- Critical Race Theory Training for Austin PD
- FBI Personal Protection + Fairbairn video
- The Quest for the Sub-Second Draw
SONG OF THE MONTH – WHOLE LOT OF MAN
Another video from my January 2021 trio show at the Third Floor Cantina. This track was written by Navasota, TX bluesman Geater Davis in the 1970’s, and was a minor national hit for him.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team