Welcome to the KR Training December 2019 newsletter!
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from the crew at KR Training. As you’re recovering, take a look at some new classes we’ve added to the training schedule for 2020. Some of these will fill quickly, so don’t hesitate to register in advance.
We’ve added more classes to the schedule. Register now to reserve your spot. Courses marked with an asterisk (*) are Defensive Pistol Skills challenge program core courses and ALL the courses taught by KR Training staff can be counted toward the “elective” hours needed to earn your coin.
We are offering the DPS-certified Active Shooter course Jan 11-12, with the FREE ALERRT Civilian Response to Active Shooter lecture as the first 4 hours of that class. We won’t offer the Active Shooter course again until summer 2020.
New student and half-price refresher slots are available in DPS-3, Basic Pistol 2, and DPS-1, scheduled for Saturdays in January/early February. Got a new gun or holster for Christmas? These courses are great for breaking in and testing out new gear. Or take advantage of the refresher pricing to be a training partner for a friend or family member that needs training beyond the carry permit level.
A-ZONE Classes – Jan-Mar 2020
- Jan 4, 1-5 – Paul Martin lectures / generator & night vision demo
- Jan 5, 9-12 – Dave Reichek lecture on Potential Threat Management
- Jan 5, 1-5 – Defensive Long Gun with Karl and Wendell Joost
- Jan 11, 9-12 – Civilian Response To Active Shooter lecture (FREE)
- Jan 11-12 – Active Shooter (DPS certified course)
- Jan 18, 9-3 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 3
- Jan 25, 9-1 – *Basic Pistol 2 (Daub)
- Feb 1, 9-1 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Daub)
- Feb 8, 9-5 – Handgun Coach Development
- Feb 22, 8-12 – Correcting Common Shooting Errors
- Feb 22, 1-5 – Historical Handgun (1/2 day format)
- Feb 22, 8-12 – Defensive Rifle (Hoffman – Georgetown)
- Feb 24, 9-5 – Tests and Standards (John Johnston)
- Feb 29-March 1 – Practical Shooting Fundamentals (Ben Stoeger)
- Mar 6, 9-5 – Force on Force Instructor
- Mar 7, 8-12 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 2 (w/ John Murphy)
- Mar 7, 1-5 – *Advanced Training 2 Scenarios (w/ John Murphy)
- Mar 8, 9-5 – Concealed Carry Advanced Skills and Tactics (w/ John Murphy)
- Mar 14 – Texas License to Carry (Hoffman – Georgetown)
- Mar 21, 9-5 – Handgun Retention (Marty Hayes)
- Feb 16, 12-3 – Personal Tactics Skills (San Antonio)
- Feb 16, 3:30-6 – Correcting Common Shooting Errors (San Antonio)
FEBRUARY PREPAREDNESS MEETUP
Want to get prepared for storms and other emergencies, but don’t know how?
Do you wish someone would just tell you what you need to purchase and what you need to do? Do want to get reasonably prepared in as little as a weekend?
On Saturday, February 8th, Paul Martin will be offering a FREE presentation of his Rapid Preparedness Program, offered by the Austin Preparedness MeetUp. It will be at the Riverbend Church Student Center on Hwy 360, from 9a-330p. Attendees will receive valuable handouts and spread sheets to help them get quickly prepared for extended emergencies. By the time you leave this training, you will have a blueprint on what you need to do and how to get it done quickly! Our goal is to take out all of the guesswork and provide you with proven recommendations and suggestions you can quickly implement over a weekend to get your family ready.
INSTRUCTOR AND COACH DEVELOPMENT
We have added a new course: Handgun Coach Development, teaching hands on skills not covered well (or at all) in instructor certification classes. The first session of that class will be on Feb 8th. Other classes of interest to instructors and coaches coming up this spring include:
- Handgun Coach Development, Feb 8
- Correcting Common Shooting Errors, Feb 22 (morning)
- Historical Handgun Drills, Feb 22 (afternoon)
- Force on Force Instructor, March 6-7
- NRA CCW Instructor, April 18-19*
* to attend NRA CCW instructor you must be an NRA Basic Pistol instructor and have taken the NRA CCW student class. Either the DPS-3 class Jan 18 or the Apr 17 NRA CCW student course meet the CCW student class requirement.
DOUG GREIG CLASSES
Our newest assistant instructor, Doug Greig, will be offering LTC, handgun and rifle classes in Caldwell and Conroe, Texas. If the other classes we have listed don’t fit your schedule or location, take a look at Doug’s schedule for other KR Training-approved options.
If you aren’t already a subscriber, to receive this newsletter each month, subscribe here or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Weekday private training sessions will resume 7 January. Send me an email to schedule your training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team