Welcome to the KR Training February 2020 newsletter!
We’re continuing to add some new classes to the training schedule. Register in advance to hold your spot; some classes in March and April are already sold out!
Courses marked with an asterisk (*) are Defensive Pistol Skills challenge coin program core courses. All the courses taught by KR Training staff can be counted toward the “elective” hours needed to earn your coin.
- Mar 8, 9-5 – Concealed Carry Advanced Skills and Tactics (w/ John Murphy)
- March 14, 9-12 – Basic Pistol 1 (Daub)
- March 14, 1-3 – License to Carry Online Range Completion (Daub)
- Mar 14 – *Texas License to Carry (Hoffman – Georgetown)
- March 21, 9-12 – *Personal Tactics Skills (Rehn)
- March 21, 1-5 – *Beyond Basics Handgun (Rehn) – 1 slot left
- March 21, 6-9 – *Low Light 1 (Rehn) – won’t be offered again until October!
- March 28, 8-12 – *Basic Pistol 2 (Howard)
- March 28, 1-5 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Howard)
- March 29, 8-1 – Texas License to Carry (Martin)
- March 29, 2-3 – Pepper Spray Essentials (Martin)
- March 29, 3-5 – Stop the Bleed (Martin)
- April 3, 9-5 – Defensive Shotgun (Givens)
- April 17, 9-5 – *NRA CCW Student Course (same as DPS-3!)
- May 2, 8-12 – *Basic Pistol 2 (Daub)
- May 2, 1-5 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Daub)
- May 16, 9-12 – Defensive Pistol Small Gun (Rehn)
- May 16, 1-3 – Skill Builder Handgun (Rehn)
- May 23, 8-12 – *Beyond Basics Handgun (Rehn)
- May 23, 1-5 Competition Pistol 1 (Rehn)
- May 30, 9-5 Dynamic First Aid (Causey)
FORCE SCIENCE GRADUATES
KR Training instructors John Daub and Tracy Thronburg attended and passed the Force Science certification course held at DPS HQ in Austin in February. Also shown in the picture are Andrew Branca and Marty Hayes, who traveled to Texas to attend the course. John and Tracy join Karl and Sean Hoffman as graduates of this 40 hour course on KR Training staff.
INSTRUCTOR AND COACH DEVELOPMENT
Classes of interest to instructors and coaches coming up this spring include:
- Force on Force Instructor, March 6-7
- NRA Basic Instructor Training, April 16
- NRA CCW Instructor, April 18-19*
*To attend the NRA CCW Instructor course, you must be an NRA Basic Pistol instructor and have taken the NRA CCW student class. Sign up for the Apr 17 NRA CCW student course to meet the CCW student class requirement.
STRATEGIES AND STANDARDS BOOK UPDATE
John and Karl recently updated some of the material in their Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training book, including adding a new appendix discussing red dot sights. Those that bought the e-book automatically got the update. If you bought a print copy, you can download a PDF with the updated Top 10 Drills and red dot appendix by clicking this link.
DISABLED PARKING AT THE A-ZONE
KR Training can accommodate physically handicapped people in most of our classes. Our training building is single story and has wide doors so wheelchairs can easily maneuver in and out of our classroom. Our range is flat. We have had a Wounded Warrior in a wheelchair in some of our classes and currently train a person that has to use a cane. Please don’t think being mobility impaired will prevent you from learning in our classes. Contact us for additional information.
Keep up with the interesting links we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team