Welcome to the KR Training January 2018 newsletter! Upcoming classes include Defensive Pistol 1 / Skill Builder Feb 10, Basic 2 / License To Carry Feb 11, and Unthinkable Feb 17-18.
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information. In the last 30 days KR Training has been on multiple podcasts and widely viewed youTube videos (full list below).
MARCH 3rd DISCOUNT OFFER
On March 3rd we offer our biannual 3-in-1 training package: Defensive Pistol Skills 2 (live fire), Advanced Training 2 (scenarios), and Low Light Shooting 1. These 3 courses are intended to be taken as a set, as they offer a mix of live fire, scenario and low light training in a single day.
Get a special package price for all 3 classes – $200 ($75 savings!) if you pay in full when you register.
On Feb 17-18 we are hosting the “Unthinkable” class taught by Caleb Causey (Lone Star Medics), William Aprill (Aprill Risk Consulting) and John Daub (KR Training)
This class combines medical training with lecture on the mindset and behavior of violent criminals and both live fire and force on force scenario training. It’s an excellent choice for graduates of any of our Defensive Pistol courses, any of Caleb’s other medical courses, or those wanting to sample a variety of topics and experiences in a single weekend.
SCHOOL SAFETY/ACTIVE SHOOTER
I’m offering another session of the DPS-certified School Safety/Active Shooter response course, this time Mon-Tue, March 12-13, at the new Saddle River indoor range in Conroe, Texas. Saddle River is a 5-star NSSF-rated facility. I look forward to doing more classes there this spring and summer.
Here’s the AAR from the December session of this course.
March 21-25 we are hosting a session of Massad Ayoob’s “Level 2” class, MAG-80. It’s a mix of handgun, long gun, and weapon retention skills. Graduates of the full MAG-40 (both MAG-20 classroom and range) are eligible to attend.
PODCASTS & VIDEOS
- John and Karl discuss Minimum Standards (Handgun World Podcast)
- My red dot study discussed on Gun Talk Radio (Gun Talk)
- My interview on Lock and Load podcast (Lock and Load)
- Paul Martin AAR Prepper 1 and 2 classes, video (The Situation)
- My work on grip strength mentioned in this Active Self Protection video (ASP)
- I guest host the Handgun World Podcast, interviewing David Yamane (Handgun World)
- John Daub interviewed on Ballistic Radio podcast (Ballistic Radio)
- I interview John Holschen on Handgun World Podcast (Handgun World)
- The Cost of Competition Shooting (Firearm User Network)
- Dual Wielding Point Shooter (Firearm Blog)
- No! No! 1000 Times No! (Hsoi blog)
- Shooting Match Gear vs Real World (Firearm User Network)
- Red Dots and Green Lasers – my study discussed in Gun Digest (Gun Digest)
- Wallet Band-Aid (Hsoi blog)
- Armed Parent Course review (NRA Family)
- Classifications Explained (Firearm User Network)
- Unarmed is not Harmless (Hsoi blog)
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (Cornered Cat)
- Why Train? (Hsoi blog)
- Ralph Mroz books now for free download (Street Standards)
- WW One handgun book for free download (Lulu.com)
- Mentioned in this Gun Culture 2.0 post (Gun Culture 2.0)
- NRA Practical Pistol Coach class AAR (Notes from KR)
- School Safety class AAR (Notes from KR)
- Paul’s written AAR about Prepper weekend (Prepper Depot)
- Getting the Reluctant Spouse Involved in Prepping (Notes from KR) – a 4 part series
A BUSY SPRING
I’ll be on the road quite a bit this spring: teaching classes in Oklahoma and Florida, presenting at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference and “A Girl and a Gun” National Conference, with more road trips planned for this summer. As those plans get finalized I’ll get the KR Training schedule for classes May-August announced, probably in next month’s newsletter.
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through early May 2018. Registration is open in everything listed.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team