Welcome to the KR Training January 2020 newsletter!
We’re continuing to add some new classes to the training schedule. Register in advance to hold your spot; they’re selling out quickly.
Courses marked with an asterisk (*) are Defensive Pistol Skills challenge program core courses. All the courses taught by KR Training staff can be counted toward the “elective” hours needed to earn your coin.
- Feb 1, 9-1 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Daub) SOLD OUT
- Feb 8, 9-5 – Handgun Coach Development SOLD OUT
- Feb 22, 8-12 – Correcting Common Shooting Errors
- Feb 22, 1-5 – Historical Handgun (1/2 day format)
- Feb 22, 8-12 – Defensive Rifle (Hoffman – Georgetown)
- Feb 29-March 1 – Practical Shooting Fundamentals (Ben Stoeger) SOLD OUT
- Mar 7, 8-12 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 2 (w/ John Murphy) 2 SLOTS LEFT
- Mar 7, 1-5 – *Advanced Training 2 Scenarios (w/ John Murphy) 1 SLOT LEFT
- Mar 8, 9-5 – Concealed Carry Advanced Skills and Tactics (w/ John Murphy)
- March 14, 9-12 – Basic Pistol 1 (Daub)
- March 14, 1-5 – Top 10 Drills (Daub)
- Mar 14 – *Texas License to Carry (Hoffman – Georgetown)
- March 21, 9-12 – *Personal Tactics Skills (Rehn)
- March 21, 1-5 – *Beyond Basics Handgun (Rehn)
- March 21, 6-9 – *Low Light 1 (Rehn)
- March 28, 8-12 – *Basic Pistol 2 (Howard)
- March 28, 1-5 – *Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Howard)
- April 3, 9-5 – Defensive Shotgun (Givens)
- April 4-5 – Combative Pistol (Givens)
- April 11, 9-5 – Red Dot Pistol Essentials (Rehn, Hoffman)
- April 17, 9-5 – NRA CCW Student Course
- Feb 16, 12-3 – *Personal Tactics Skills (San Antonio)
- Feb 16, 3:30-6 – *Correcting Common Shooting Errors (San Antonio) SOLD OUT
INSTRUCTOR AND COACH DEVELOPMENT
Classes of interest to instructors and coaches coming up this spring include:
- Handgun Coach Development, Feb 8 SOLD OUT
- Correcting Common Shooting Errors, Feb 22 (morning)
- Historical Handgun Drills, Feb 22 (afternoon)
- Force on Force Instructor, March 6-7
- Red Dot Pistol Essentials, April 14
- NRA Basic Instructor Training, April 16
- NRA CCW Instructor, April 18-19*
*To attend the NRA CCW Instructor course, you must be an NRA Basic Pistol instructor and have taken the NRA CCW student class. Sign up for the Apr 17 NRA CCW student course to meet the CCW student class requirement.
FEBRUARY PREPAREDNESS MEETUP
Want to get prepared for storms and other emergencies, but don’t know how? Do you wish someone would just tell you what you need to purchase and what you need to do? Do you want to get reasonably prepared in as little as a weekend?
Join Paul for a FREE installation of his Rapid Preparedness Program, offered by the Austin Preparedness MeetUp. The event will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, February 8, at the Riverbend Church Student Center on Hwy 360. You will leave with handouts, spreadsheets, and a plan of action that takes the guesswork out of preparing yourself and your family for emergencies and disasters.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE UNTHINKABLE?
“Knowing the how and why of violence and violent criminal actors is a needed step to keep you and your loved ones safe.”Cecil Burch, Immediate Action Combatives
A big part of making sure you’re ready for anything is developing an “adaptive” mindset, deepening your understanding of violent criminals and how to avoid becoming a victim. Dr. William Aprill of Aprill Risk Consulting is the leading expert on violent criminals and victim selection. His flagship seminar, “Unthinkable,” is coming to the Childress Auditorium in Childress, Texas, on February 22. The class is only $100 and includes instruction on how to avoid being a victim, including hands-on firearm retention and disarm techniques. Register by sending the fee via PayPal to the seminar host, firstname.lastname@example.org, or make checks payable to James Anders, 507 Avenue E. Nw. Childress, Texas 79201. Coffee, water, and donuts will be provided.
BLOG-O-RAMA – VOTE TO BRING IT BACK
Several times a week we post links to interesting articles to our Facebook and Twitter feeds. In the past we have included them in the newsletter each month for those that refuse to follow us on social media or don’t have social media accounts. It takes a lot of time to compile the list of dozens of links and insert them into the newsletter. We need to know if you still want that information included.
If you want us to bring the Blog-O-Rama section back in 2020, please click on this survey link and answer “yes.”
Keep up with the interesting links we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team