YOU ASKED, WE ADDED MORE CLASSES
More classes added to July & August: Basic 1, Basic 2 (LTC completion), Handgun Beyond Basics, Stop the Bleed, and Handgun Coaching now on the schedule.
UPCOMING CLASSES AT THE A-ZONE
Here are the classes we have coming up with space available. Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
Courses marked with *** are core classes that count toward the Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coin. Any pistol course (Red Dot, Competition, Team Tactics, AIWB Skills, Skill Builder, AT-7 Scenarios) taught by in-house staff can count toward your elective hours.
- July 10 – AT-7 Force on Force Scenarios
- July 11 – Red Dot Pistol Essentials
- July 16 – Close Quarter Decisions (Complete Combatant/Brian Hill)
- July 17-18 – Image Based Decisional Drills Instructor (Complete Combatant/ Brian and Shelley Hill)
- July 24 – AIWB (Appendix Carry) Skills (morning)
- July 24 – Skill Builder 100 round version (afternoon)
- July 25 – Basic Pistol 1 (morning)
- July 31 – ***Handgun Beyond Basics (morning)
- August 7 – Handgun Reloading Seminar – Hodgdon Powder staff
- August 7 – Stop the Bleed
- August 8 – ***Basic Pistol 2 (morning)
- August 14 – Handgun Coaching (morning)
- August 28 – Preparedness Summer School Day 1 – Paul Martin
- August 29 – Preparedness Summer School Day 2 (medical) – Dr. Ben Weger
APPENDIX CARRY CLASS
John Daub offered his Appendix Inside the Waistband Carry Skills course as a session at the 2021 Rangemaster Tactical Conference. Stick around for the 2 hour Skill Builder course afterward to get even more AIWB practice!
With AIWB’s growth in popularity as a carry method, it’s important to know how to use this mode of carry safely, efficiently, and effectively. Our AIWB Fundamental Skills class provides you with knowledge and skills about AIWB concepts, equipment, and technique to enable you to safely and effectively carry AIWB. This 4-hour, 50-round class will cover: pros and cons of AIWB; equipment design and selection to maximize comfort, concealment, and skill; two-handed concealment drawstroke; one-handed concealment drawstroke; proper holstering technique; working from a seated position; and more!
COMPLETE COMBATANT JULY CLASSES
We are hosting Brian Hill from the Complete Combatant in July for a 1 day Close Quarter Decisions (integrated gun/unarmed) course on Friday, and their 2 day Image-Based Decisional Drills Instructor Certification class July 17-18.
SUMMER USPSA MATCHES
You don’t have to be an experienced competitor to shoot one of our summer USPSA matches. There are 3 matches left this summer: July 8, July 23 and August 5. Show up as late as 7 pm and join the fun! Preregistration is required as spaces are limited.
AREA 4 STEEL CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP
The Brazosland Pistoleros of College Station will be hosting the Area 4 Steel Challenge Championship July 23-25. Competitors can shoot in any of the Steel Challenge’s divisions: rimfire rifle, rimfire pistol, centerfire pistol, pistol caliber carbine, and revolver (each with separate iron sights and optic categories). KR Training is one of the match sponsors, and I’ll be teaching a clinic for junior shooters on Friday, July 23. Slots are still open. Every competitor gets a free T-shirt. For more information, follow this link.
AUGUST 7 INDOOR CLINICS – HODGDON RELOADING AND STOP THE BLEED
We are offering two low cost indoor clinics on Saturday August 7. The Hodgdon powder company is sending factory reps to give a seminar on reloading your own ammunition, and our own Levi Nathan will teach a session of Stop The Bleed.
DOUG GREIG CLASSES
Jul 18 – Concealed Carry Techniques (Conroe)
Jul 18 – One Handed Defensive Handgun (Conroe)
Aug 14 – Intermediate Rifle (Conroe)
Aug 21st – Dynamic Handgun – Shooting on the Move (Conroe)
Aug 22nd – Mid Range Carbine (Caldwell)
PAUL MARTIN AUGUST PREPAREDNESS WEEKEND
The Ninth Annual Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference – aka “The Niner” – has already filled half of the registration slots available for this year’s event, scheduled for August 28-29 at KR Training. Given what’s transpired over the last 18 months, I asked Paul to fill me in on his vision for this year’s conference.
“Texans in general, and Austin area citizens in particular, are now on notice – your government cannot keep you safe, nor can it get water and electricity to you reliably. Couple this with the alarming increases in cyber attacks, reports of significant inflation and supply chain disruptions. While it’s great that America is coming out of the pandemic, there are significant problems on the horizon. We’re going to focus on these things at the August conference,” he said.
Paul added “We’ll be discussing alternative energy solutions that don’t involve generators, using items you can purchase on Amazon. Scott Bradford, recently featured in a television interview with CBS Austin on portable power station usage during emergencies, will be presenting during an extended block of time on Saturday on how people can build their own power stations cheaper and better than many of the products available commercially. I’ll be covering a number of topics as well, such as preparing for a full grid collapse, dealing with rising crime rates and changing gun laws, along with my annual situation report and outlook.”
Sunday’s presentation will be a full-day block with Dr. Ben Weger, an U.S. Army physician in Fort Bragg, North Carolina with Womack Army Medical Center. Dr. Weger also runs First Do Know Harm, aimed at helping citizens become better prepared for medical emergencies during crises. He will cover several topics, including:
- How to secure emergency supplies of prescription medications you rely upon
- Managing sanitation and hygiene during grid down conditions
- What over-the-counter medications to keep on hand
- Managing injuries and illnesses common during prolonged emergencies
- Best first aid skills for you and your family to know to prepare for emergencies
Click here to get registered. Students signing up for both days get around 20 percent off the registration fees.
RECENT BLOG ARTICLES
- Book Review: The Search for Effective Police Handgun
- Target Evolution (B21 to B27)
- Uncle Zo reviewed a recent DPS-2 course taught by John Daub
- John Daub’s video about his work learning the red dot sight
- “I Got Made” – First person account of getting caught carrying against company policy
- Uncle Zo’s review of a DPS-1 course
- Lucky Gunner’s great video on point shooting and aimed fire
- KR Training guest instructor Mark Overstreet’s recent Federalist article about Biden gun policy
- Mark Overstreet article in The Federalist about the California assault weapon court ruling
- Lucky Gunner article about “typical gunfight distances”
- LAPD’s Scott Reitz discusses mindset and how to win the gunfight before it starts
- Gun Turn-ins “buybacks” increase crime committed with guns, according to new study
- Uncle Zo reviews our Personal Tactics Skills course
APPEARANCE ON “THAT WEEMS GUY” PODCAST
I recently recorded two episodes of Lee Weems’ podcast. Part 1 is online here. Part 2 will be released in a week or two.
SONG OF THE MONTH – RADAR LOVE
Video of Midnight Express, with horn section and backup singers, performing Radar Love at the Wolf Pen Amphitheater, May 8, 2021, College Station, Texas. We were the headliner for a city-funded summer concert, performing to more than 1700 people that evening.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team