Welcome to the KR Training June 2019 newsletter!
We’ve added more classes to our schedule through the end of the year and into 2020. Sign up now for any classes on the schedule by clicking the “Register” link at the top of the page. Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
After a break the first weekend of the month, we’re offering the 2-day Active Shooter/School Safety training July 13-14. If you aren’t seeking DPS certification, you can opt to attend only the lecture portion of the class at no charge. The lecture portion is suitable for armed or unarmed civilian response and will be followed by a FREE, 2-hour Stop the Bleed course.
This summer is a prime opportunity to begin our Defensive Pistol Skills Program and begin earning your challenge coin. KR Training Instructor John Daub will teach Personal Tactics Skills July 27, Defensive Pistol Skills 1 August 17, then Top 10 Drills August 27. Top 10 Drills runs students through the 10 drills John and I identify in our book as an essential training set, and it counts as elective hours toward your challenge coin.
- July 13 – Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (lecture only, 12-4p) – Rehn
- July 13-14 – Active Shooter/School Safety – Rehn
- July 27 – Advanced Handgun (FPF Training, VA) – Rehn
- July 27 – Basic Pistol 1 (9a-12p) – Daub
- July 27 – Personal Tactics Skills (1-4p) – Daub
SUMMER USPSA MATCHES
Our summer USPSA-format matches continue most Wednesdays through Labor Day. Anyone that has completed DPS-1 or other classes using a holster can attend and new shooters are welcome. Details and dates here.
PRIVATE TRAINING AVAILABLE
I am available for private lessons on weekdays. Contact me to schedule.
Here’s a list of links to articles we’ve shared so far in June. See links as we post them by following KR Training on Facebook or Twitter.
- Gun Culture 2 0: How a Card Carrying Liberal Professor Became a Card Carrying Liberal Armed American (video) – David Yamane, YouTube
- Disputed Facts in the Gun Debate – Rob Morse, Slow Facts
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: May 31, 2019 – Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Episode 145: Bill Vanderpool – Guns of the FBI, Firearms Training – JerriWilliams.com
- Enough Gun? – Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- In Defense of ‘Square Range, Static Target’ Training – or ‘How the internet is screwing up Millennials’ – Shooting Wire
- Losing Count: The Empty Case for “High-Capacity” Magazine Restrictions – Matthew Larosiere, CATO Institute Legal Policy Bulletin
- Mental Preparation for Self-Defense: An Interview with Tom Givens – Gila Hayes, Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network Journal
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: June 7, 2019 – Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Why Gun Control Is Wrong Response to Tragic Virginia Shooting – Amy Swearer, The Daily Signal
- A Visit To KR Training – Chris Bird, Privateer Publications
- Book Review: “Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training” – Rob Morse, Slow Facts
- Gun Rights Made All the Difference for These Intended Victims – Amy Swearer, The Daily Signal
- Editor’s Notebook: Toward Defense Handgun Standards, II – Tactical Wire
- Concealed Carry Lecture Series (10 videos) – John Murphy, FPF Training
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: June 21, 2019 – Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- 10 Tips to Become a Better Shooter (ebook) – Ernest Langdon, for Beretta
If you aren’t already a subscriber, to receive this newsletter each month, subscribe here or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. You can also follow and interact with us on Twitter or Instagram.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team
Pingback: Weekend Knowledge Dump- July 12, 2019 | Active Response Training