Welcome to the KR Training October 2017 newsletter! Upcoming classes include Basic Pistol 2 & Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Oct 21) and License to Carry (Sunday, Oct 29th)
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
CLASS DISCOUNTS AND DEALS
50% price refresher slots available in all courses. If you haven’t practiced the skills you learned in class in awhile, refresher slots are a great option.
October 21 morning – Basic Pistol 2 (Rehn)
October 21 afternoon – Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Rehn)
October 29 afternoon – License to Carry. Two sessions; Rehn at A-Zone, Maldonado in NW Austin.
November 6 (Monday) – Low Light Shooting at CCC Shooting Complex (south of College Station)
November 18th – Advanced Training 7: More Force on Force Scenarios
NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER
Every November we take a break from live fire classes at the A-Zone, due to requests from our range neighbors and the start of deer season. I’ll be teaching a Monday evening (November 6th) Low Light Shooting class for the Snook chapter of A Girl and a Gun. The event is open to everyone (men and women). Pre-registration is required, via the KR Training website. And due to student requests I’ve added a session of the Advanced Training 7 “More Scenarios” force on force course on November 18th. I’ll be working on my Historical Handgun book during the fall and winter also.
KR TRAINING ON THE ROAD AND ONLINE
Karl and Dave Reichek will attend the Rangemaster Instructor Conference in Oklahoma Nov 11-12. Karl will travel to El Paso to take a one day handgun class from legendary trainer John Farnam in December, and Tracy Becker will attend the MAG-120 with Massad Ayoob in Florida in December. I’ll also be a guest host on the Handgun World Podcast, filling in for Bob Mayne. You can also hear Tracy on the Polite Society Podcast every episode.
We have guest instructors scheduled every month from January through June in 2018, and I’ll be making several trips out of state to teach Historical Handgun, other classes, and be an invited trainer at multiple national conferences. Next month I’ll be announcing class dates for our in-house classes for the first half of 2018. If you have any requests for specific courses, let me know.
- Keep the Muzzle Below the Berm (Cornered Cat) – this post stirred up a lot of controversy
- Muzzle Direction During a Reload (KR blog) – Kathy’s post motivated me to run tests
- Oct 14-15 Multi Class AAR (KR blog)
- Book Review: G Man by Stephen Hunter (KR blog)
- Book Review: Police Firearms Training by Roberts & Bristow (KR blog)
- Book Review: Manual of Police Revolver Instruction by Bair (KR blog)
- Trainer & musician Andy Stanford performs the Gringo Pistolero (Hsoi)
- Running and Shooting Demographics (Firearm User Network)
- The Media Doesn’t Understand Guns and Doesn’t Want to (Fox News)
- I Used to Think Gun Control Was the Answer (MSN)
- New Range Safety and Etiquette video (National Shooting Sports Foundation)
- Army Combat Readiness Test 2018 (Firearm User Network)
- Sociology of US Gun Culture (Gun Culture 2.0)
- Surprise Courses (Firearm User Network)
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team