JANUARY AND FEBRUARY CLASS DISCOUNTS AND DEALS
Deal #3) Refresher pricing for Feb 5 (Sunday afternoon) Defensive Pistol Skills 1. $50 for any DPS-1 graduate.
Deal #4) Bring-a-friend deal for Saturday Feb 11 Team Tactics. Two can attend for $150.
Deal #5) Bring a non-shooting family member to Team Tactics for $50.
For all deals – must pay in full in advance.
DYNAMIC FIRST AID
Saturday February 4. One day general first aid class taught by Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics. Suitable for all family members. Everyone in your family should have medical training. In the past 20 years I’ve used my medical skills many more times than my gun skills. Learn what to do in the time between the injury or accident occurs and when professional aid is available. Learn how to use modern medical gear, including tourniquets, and what gear you should have in your car, at home, and when you travel. Register here.
It’s not a “SWAT team” course. It’s a “friends and family” course teaching how to work with and around other armed (and unarmed) people in situations at home and in public. You don’t have to have a partner to attend. All students will rotate assignments and get to work with a variety of partners. Non-shooting slots are available at half price, so that the people that will be with you, when you need to use the skills taught in class, can get some training in what you will be doing and what they need to do, and can do, to assist or at least not impede your efforts to keep them safe.
This is not a class we offer very often. We scheduled it near Valentine’s Day so it could be a “couples” activity. It’s only 6 hours (9-3) so you can still get done with class and have a romantic evening out Saturday night. And we’re offering a partner discount so two can attend for $150 instead of $200 (paid in full in advance.)
UNARMED SELF DEFENSE TRAINING WITH CECIL BURCH
There is more to self-defense than just having a gun. Cecil Burch will be offering two stand-alone 1-day classes, one in techniques useful when standing up, and one in grappling/groundfighting. These classes are recommended for everyone, not just armed people. Suitable for all fitness levels. Unarmed training, like gun training, is not a “one and done” thing. Frequent, or at least annual refresher training will keep your skills at a useful level. The standing-up class is Saturday Feb 18 and the groundfighting class is Sunday Feb 19. Register here.
GUNS FOR SALE
(Almost New in Box) CZ 75B SA 9mm, two 16 round magazines, one 10 round magazine, trigger job. Perfect for USPSA Production division. Fired less than 50 times. Works in both traditional DA and “cocked and locked” SA mode. Price reduced to $500. Private sale.
Springfield XD 5″ 9mm (not XDm – original XD design). Upgraded trigger and fiber optic sights. Comes with Comp-Tac OWB holster and 5 mags. Used as carry, competition and class loaner gun. Price reduced to $450. Private sale.
Contact me for more information or to coordinate with seller for purchase and pickup.
AMERICAN WARRIOR SOCIETY
KR Training is now an American Warrior Society affiliate. AWS is run by Mike Seeklander, who is an outstanding instructor, USPSA Grand Master, former law enforcement, former Marine. If you join AWS you get access to all Mike’s excellent books, videos and articles. Use the KR Training affiliate link to get a discounted membership.
- Bad drawstroke, carrying on empty chamber gets armed citizen killed (Active Self Protection)
- My 2016 year in review
- 2017 Preparedness Conference AAR
- Know your Backstop (Active Self Protection)
- Good discussion of pros/cons of different armed citizen insurance/legal programs (TTAG)
- History of firearms training (Firearm User Network)
- My part in the ACLDN track record (Hsoi)
- Good fitness is self defense (Hsoi)
- Off duty cop vs 2 armed robbers, ends with entangled/grappling fight (Active Self Protection)
- Advice on the double action trigger from Ernest Langdon (Recoil magazine)
- TSA discovered over 3000 guns at airports in 2016. Most were found at DFW, Houston and Austin airports. There’s no excuse for this.
- Buying a gun does not make someone a responsible gun owner (Ricochet)
- Sig 320 will be the Army’s new pistol, replacing the Beretta M9
- Obama CDC study: suppressors best option for reducing shooting range noise (TTAG)
- National Institute for Justice offers free online firearms examiner training (TTAG)
- ISIS training exercise runs teams of armed children through shoot house, killing live prisoners as their targets [extremely graphic] (Clarion Project)
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew