By far the most common questions I answer online and in person are about what gun(s), holsters and gear to buy. Recently I sent all the assistant instructors of KR Training a gear survey form. The lists below are the flashlights, pepper spray and medical gear we carry. In part 1, I listed the guns, sights and gun modifications we use. In part 2, I listed holsters, mag carriers and belts. Follow up posts will list home defense guns, training and competition-specific gear.
Wide variety in models, but mostly SureFire and Streamlight products.
- SureFire Stiletto (4 people)
- Streamlight Microstream USB (4 people)
- Streamlight Protac-2L-x
- Surefire 6P variants (3 people)
- SureFire Backup
- Surefire “Sidekick” Streamlight Nano
- Fenix PD-35 TAC
- Four Sevens / Prometheus Quark QT2L Tactical
Everyone that responded carries a tourniquet, some carry additional gear on them, everyone had additional gear in their vehicle.
- SOFTT-W in pocket (8 people)
- SOFTT-W in ankle pouch or purse/bag (4 people)
- SOFTT-W in PHLster flatpack in pocket (3 people)
- CAT in rear pocket or ankle (5 people)
- TacMed Solutions ankle wrap
- Dark Angel med kit
- Safer Faster Defense SFD Responder ankle rig
- Immediate Casualty Care Min-E-Med Flat
- Raven Concealment Pocket Shield
- Chest seal, quik clot bandage
Some reported multiple products, carried at different times depending on clothing or situation.
- Sabre Red MK-6 (6 people)
- None (5 people)
- POM (4 people)
- First Defense MK4
- Kimber Pepper Blaster
- ASP Palm Defender
Pingback: 2020 KR Training staff gear survey part 4 – home defense, training and competition guns – Notes from KR