Welcome to the KR Training April 2019 newsletter!
- May 11 – Basic Pistol 2 (8a-12p) – Daub, Hoffman
- May 11 – Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (1-5p) – Daub, Hoffman
- May 18 – Handgun Beyond Basics (8a-12p) – Rehn
- May 18 – Intro to Competition Pistol (1-5p) – Rehn
- May 25 – Defensive Pistol Small Gun (9a-12) – Rehn SOLD OUT
- May 25 – Skill Builder Pistol (1-3p) – Rehn
- May 25 – Stop the Bleed (10a-12p) – Nathan (FREE!)
- May 25 – Stop the Bleed (1-3p) – Nathan (FREE!)
- May 25 – Stop the Bleed (3-5p) – Nathan (FREE!)
- May 30-31 – Search and Rescue for Community Volunteers (FREE!)
- May 31 – Stop the Bleed (1-3p) – Martin (FREE!)
On May 25 we are offering multiple FREE sessions of the Stop the Bleed course, in honor of May being Stop the Bleed month. Come out for one or both of the shooting classes, and attend a Stop the Bleed session before or after the live fire class at no additional cost. Thanks to Levi Nathan for volunteering to offer this training.
FREE SEARCH AND RESCUE COURSE
On Thursday May 30 and Friday May 31, we are offering a session of the DHS-funded FREE class: Search and Rescue for Community Responders. This class teaches skills you would use as a volunteer assisting professional search and rescue teams. It’s 1.5 days, finishing up at Noon on Friday. From 1-3 p.m. that day immediately after class, Paul Martin will offer a FREE Stop the Bleed session. Click here to register.
On June 1-2, KR Training and Lone Star Medics will offer a 1.5-day special event called Operation Analeptic with 4 instructors (Karl Rehn, Caleb Causey, Dr. Sherman House and Eli Miller). This event integrates medical, firearms and tactics skills in scenario-based training. This event is suitable for those with training in holster use and a minimum of Stop the Bleed level medical training. Registration is open now.
We have added a LOT of classes to our June schedule, including a new class, Top 10 Drills, that runs students through the 10 drills John and I identify in our book as an essential training set. We are also hosting Hank Fleming to teach a 3-hour Glock Maintenance course.
June 22 we are running multiple sessions of Handgun Coaching, including two ladies-only sessions for those wanting individual attention, and a Texas License to Carry class. Having one or more family members get their carry permit and/or some handgun coaching might make a great Father’s Day gift.
- June 8 – Top 10 Drills (9a-12p) – Rehn, Daub
- June 8 – DPS Small Gun (1-4p) – Rehn
- June 8 – Glock Maintenance (1-4p) – Fleming
- June 15 – Advanced Training 4 (9a-1p) – Rehn
- June 15 – Advanced Training 6 (2-5p) – Rehn
- June 22 – Handgun Coaching (Ladies Only) (9a-11p) – Dolgener / Thronburg
- June 22 – Handgun Coaching (Men) (9-11a) – Rehn
- June 22 – Texas License to Carry (12-5p) – Thronburg / Rehn
- June 22 – Handgun Coaching (12-2p) – Dolgener
- June 29 – Social Levergun/Shotgun Manipulations – Lee Weems
- June 30 – Deliberate Speed Pistol – Lee Weems
SUMMER USPSA MATCHES
In addition to everything else we have going on this summer, we’ll be running USPSA format matches most Wednesdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Anyone that has completed DPS-1 or other classes using a holster can attend and new shooters are welcome. Details and dates here.
ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING
In response to multiple recent active shooter events I have scheduled a 2 day session of the state-certified Active Shooter course for July 13-14. I recently got certified to teach the ALERRT Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event (CRASE) lecture course. That lecture material is part of the full 2 day DPS course. So those that only want the (shorter, cheaper) lecture course (with no state certification) are invited to attend the FREE lecture on Saturday July 13. The lecture course is appropriate and relevant to both armed and unarmed individuals. Immediately following the CRASE course will be a Stop The Bleed course.
KR Training Standards Book Now Available
John Daub and I published a book in March. Signed copies are available at the A-Zone for $15, or we will ship you one for $20.
A Girl and A Gun Conference 2019
PRIVATE TRAINING AVAILABLE
I am available for private lessons on weekdays. Contact me to schedule.
- The “Reloading Pause” Fallacy – Notes from KR
- “Violence of Mind” Book Review – Notes from KR
- The 16x16x16 drill – Notes from KR
- Force Science class more quick hits – Notes from KR
- Ladies Only class AAR – Notes from KR
- Force Science Class Day 1 – Notes from KR
- The Handgun Skills Triad – The Key to High Performance Shooting, Mike Seeklander, Shooting-Performance.com
- He shot 4 men, killing 1, but turned down a plea deal. This month a Philly jury found him not guilty., The Inquirer Daily News
- Latest News of Self-Defense With Firearms Contradicts Gun Control Rhetoric, The Daily Signal
- Weekend Knowledge Dump- April 19, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Fashionable Bigotry Against Gun Owners 2019, Rob Morse, Slow Facts
- Cognitive differences between competition and application of deadly force, John M. Buol for Firearm User Network
- Weekend Knowledge Dump- April 12, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Weekend Knowledge Dump- April 5, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- 2019 Rangemaster Tactical Conference Round Up, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training, Book Review by Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Chuck Pressburg discusses training, Firearms User Network
- Guest Shot: “It’s not a miss, it’s an unacceptable hit,” The Tactical Wire
- A Family Craft With a Deadly Toll: Illegal Gun Making, New York Times
- Force Science Institute Details Reasons For Delaying Interviews With OIS Survivors, Chuck Remsberg for Force Science News
You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter to see our favorite blog content from other authors as we post it. Want to see articles we’ve shared? Follow KR Training on Facebook where we post the links when they are fresh and current.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also , Twitter, Instagram, or subscribe to this blog for more frequent posts and information.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team