SEPTEMBER 2023 UPDATE
We have finalized our schedule for the rest of 2023. All the classes we plan to offer through the end of 2023 are listed below. We are already working on winter/spring 2024 plans!
I am available for private weekday training. Doug Greig is also available for private weekday and some weekend sessions. Contact us for details.
Re-take any class you’ve taken before for half price! Contact me to get the alumni discount code. Firearms skills deteriorate without practice. Most ranges don’t allow drawing from a holster, shooting quickly, moving or shooting from cover. If you don’t practice the skills you learned in class, they won’t be there when you need them. Fall classes will have cooler weather – but they often sell out, so don’t wait until the last minute to register!
Upcoming Texas classes with space available:
- Basic Pistol 1 (Thronburg) – Sept 2, 9a-noon
- **Basic Pistol 2 (Thronburg) – Sept 2, 1p-5p
- **Skill Builder (Rehn) – Sept 9, 9a-11a
- **Personal Tactics Skills (Rehn) – Sept 9, noon-4p
- **Basic Pistol 2 (Daub) – Sept 16, 8a-noon
- **Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Daub) – Sept 16, 1p-5p
- Defensive Shotgun 1 (Reichek) – Sept 17, 9a-2p
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor (Wise) – Sept 19-23
- **Tactical Pistol/Handgun Beyond Basics (Wise) – Sept 23, 9a-4p
- Gunfighting in Crowds (Greig) – Sept 24, 9a-2p
- Defensive Shotgun 2 (Reichek) – Oct 8, 9a-4p
- Force on Force Instructor (Rehn) – Oct 13
- Defensive Pistol Skills 2 (Rehn) – Oct 14, 1p-5p
- Low Light Shooting 1 (Rehn) – Oct 14, 6p-9p
- AT-2 Tactical Scenarios (Rehn) – Oct 15, noon-5p
- Advanced Handgun (Rehn) – Oct 21, 9a-4p
- Defensive Pistol Skills 3 (Rehn) – Oct 22, noon-5p
- Low Light Shooting 2 (Rehn) – Oct 22, 6p-9p
- Comprehensive Defensive Carbine (Greig) – Oct 29, 9a-5p
- Mental Agility, Preparation and Planning Skills – (Cypert) – Dec 2
- Force on Force Adaptive Scenario Training (Cypert) – Dec 3
- Force on Force Instructor – Sept 15, Firth, NE
- Tactical Scenarios – Sept 16, Firth, NE
- Advanced Handgun – Sept 17, Firth, NE
Defensive Shotgun 1 – Sept 17
This half day class, Sunday, Sept 17 teaches fundamentals of defensive shotgun, including shotgun patterning, ammunition selection, shooting positions, shooting from behind cover, shooting at multiple targets, use of the shotgun for home defense, shotgun malfunction drills and generally developing proficiency with the shotgun under stress. This is not a bird-hunting, clay shooting shotgun class. The focus is on home defense use of any pump or semiauto shotgun. Shotgun level 2 is coming up in October also.
Tactical Pistol / Beyond Basics – Sept 23
A special session of our Beyond Basics course taught by Eric Wise of Cornerstone Performance. Eric is also a firearms instructor for a major Texas city’s training academy, and a Grand Master level shooting competitor. Highly recommend for intermediate/advanced level shooters and instructors that want to shoot faster and more accurately. Content is similar to material taught by Gabe White, Scott Jedlinski, Ben Stoeger and other “high performance pistol” trainers.
Gunfighting in Crowds – Sept 24
Doug Greig, in association with Palisades Training Group, is offering a session of their Gunfighting in Crowds course Sept 24. Students will participate in exercises and drills that require them to quickly and accurately assess the immediate area around them and then move rapidly into a better position that mitigates the risk to others not only around the attacker but the area around and behind him or her (especially true when they are with family members or friends). Emphasis is placed upon situational awareness, site assessment, movement into a better position if necessary, short-range surgical shot placement, and even exploitation of attacker expectations and control of the vertical plane of shots fired when over-penetration represents a major threat to others in close proximity to the attacker. Also covered in this class are actions that may reduce the chance that the student is mistakenly engaged by other concealed carriers and responding law enforcement.
Challenge Coin Classes – September and October
Trying to complete your classes to earn our Defensive Pistol Skills Program Challenge Coin? All the required courses are being offered in September and October, along with classes that count as electives.
BLOG O RAMA
- Shooting the New Jersey carry permit qual course (Notes from KR)
- Student Story #4 (Notes from KR)
- Student Story #3 (Notes from KR)
- 1986 Match Video (Notes from KR)
- New old gun books (Stainles)
- Gun Book Club (Stainles)
- Homeless Break Into Austin Apartment Complex (Battleswarm)
- Ruger Mkiv 22/45 Lite (Uncle Zo)
- Fenix PD35 Flashlight (Uncle Zo)
- Holosun 507 Comp vs RMR (Uncle Zo)
- Getting the Most of a Firearms Training Course (Uncle Zo)
- Angles Lighting and Retention A Primer (GunMagWarehouse)
SONG OF THE MONTH
In August, Midnight Express played a sold out show at the Grand Stafford Theatre in downtown Bryan, Texas. Our 9 piece rock band with horns will be headlining the Palace Theatre in Bryan on Friday, November 10th, the night before a Texas A&M home game. This is a video of us performing the Doobie Brothers’ “Long Train Runnin”. I play a synthesizer solo at the end of the song.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team