Welcome to the KR Training February 2018 newsletter! Upcoming classes include School Safety/Active Shooter March 12-13, Beyond Basics/Competition Pistol March 10, and Basic 2/Defensive Pistol Skills 1 on March 17.
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
MARCH DISCOUNT OFFERS
50% discount on the School Safety/Active Shooter course for any K-12 teacher. FREE tuition for any school board member or school administrator.
March 10th: Beyond Basics and Competition Pistol. $160 ($40 savings). Must pay in full in advance.
These two courses cover material not included in other courses. Taken together they are a great introduction to handgun competition. We’ll be running Wednesday night matches at the A-Zone starting in mid-May.
SCHOOL SAFETY/ACTIVE SHOOTER
I’m offering another session of the DPS-certified School Safety/Active Shooter response course, this time Mon-Tue, March 12-13, at the new Saddle River indoor range in Conroe, Texas. Saddle River is a 5-star NSSF-rated facility. We will offer the course again at the A-Zone June 2-3.
50% discount ($200) for any K-12 teacher. FREE tuition for any school board member or school administrator.
Here’s the AAR from the December session of this course.
We’ve added more classes to the April-June schedule, including:
- Basic 1 / Gun Selection Clinic – April 21, June 16
- Handgun Coaching – May 20
- License to Carry – March 10, March 18, May 20, May 27
- Basic Pistol 2 / Defensive Pistol Skills 1 (Daub) – May 5
- School Safety / Active Shooter – March 12-13, June 2-3
- Defensive Pistol Skills 3 – April 14
- Handgun Beyond Basics – April 15 (morning)
- Defensive Long Gun Essentials – April 15 (afternoon)
- Defensive Pistol Small Gun – May 19
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
- USPSA Range Officer Training (Manor, TX) – March 30/April 1
- Dave Spaulding Adaptive Pistol (Orange, TX) – April 14-15
- NRA Basic & Pistol Instructor – April 25-26
- Rangemaster Instructor (Givens) – April 27-29
- NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor – April 30
- Historical Handgun (2 day) – May 8-9
- Advanced Training 4 – May 19 (afternoon)
- Appendix Carry Skills (Keepers) – May 26
- Essential Handgun Skills (Keepers)- May 27
- Armed Parent – June 23-24
- Autogenic Breathing – Keeping Your Cool (Be Found Alive)
- Austin’s increasing crime rates and response times (Hsoi)
- A Slight Setback (Cornered Cat)
- Service Revolver book from 1917 (KR)
- Man shoots into neighbors apartment doing dry fire (Fox News)
- Training Standards (Active Self Protection)
- MAG Deadly Force Instructor AAR (KR)
- Resources for talking to anti-gun people (Cornered Cat)
- After the Gun Ban (Reason)
- MAG-80 Class AAR (KR)
- Wisdom from John Hearne (Firearm User Network)
- MAG-120 Class AAR (KR)
- Perfect is Enemy of the Good (Cornered Cat)
- John Daub on Polite Society podcast w/ Marty Hayes (Hsoi)
- Book Review: Virginia Tech (KR)
- Self Defense Shooting in Austin (KXAN)
- New Firearms Safety brochures from NSSF (NSSF)
- Emotional Self Care (Cornered Cat)
- How Strength Training Changes Your Body For Good (Firearm User Network)
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through early July 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open in everything listed.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team