We have reduced the number of rounds required for most classes, and will continue to offer many no-live-fire defensive skills courses. Taking classes with .22 caliber guns will be allowed, and dry firing is always a good way to maintain and develop skills. COVID restrictions are still in effect, limiting class sizes and mandating masks indoors.
Here are the classes we have scheduled with space available through end of April. Some classes are already sold out. We will announce May-June classes in the March newsletter.
Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
- March 5, Force on Force Instructor
- March 13, 10-12, Skill Builder Pistol (100 round)
- March 13, 1-4, Defensive Shotgun Essentials
- March 20-21, Street Encounter Skills and Tactics (John Murphy)
- March 27, 9-11 Stop the Bleed
- March 27, 12-4, Basic Pistol 2 (Online LTC completion)
- April 3, 9-12, Personal Tactics Skills
- April 3, 1-5, Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- April 10, 9-3, Defensive Pistol Skills 3
- April 17, 9-1, Beyond Basics Pistol
- April 17, 2-4, Skill Builder Handgun
- April 21, Historical Handgun (Givens/Rehn)
- April 22, Defensive Revolver (Givens)
- April 23-25 Rangemaster Instructor Development (Givens)
- April 26 Defensive Shotgun (Givens)
JOHN MURPHY CLASS IN MARCH
We are bringing national trainer John Murphy to KR Training in March, for his two day Street Encounters Skills and Tactics course. He has lowered the round count for this course to 250 rounds, and he has limited ammo available to sell to students. Slots are still open.
REFRESHER SLOTS ARE HALF PRICE
Want to take a class you’ve taken before to keep your skills sharp? Refresher slots for most courses are half price!
KR TRAINING ON PODCASTS
- Paul Martin on the Spotter Up podcast
- John Daub on the Evolution Security podcast
- Concealed Carry podcast episode 474 – our book discussed in second half of this podcast
- I recorded an episode for the new GunCraft podcast that will be available in early March
RECENT BLOG POSTS
New blog posts and Facebook article links since the last newsletter:
- Student incident report
- Book Review – Why Meadow Died
- Book Review – Unintended Consequences
- Real Shootouts of the LAPD (Claude Werner e-book)
- The Chart With No Name – (I’m quoted in this ammoman.com article about the pie chart pistol diagnostic target)
- Video: Crazed Man shot 12 times (before he’s stopped)
- Bring the Gun Up, not your head down – Tamara Keel article on stance
- Improve Your Readiness In and Around Your Vehicle – Paul Martin
- Depressing Statistics – Kathy Jackson
SONG OF THE MONTH
Back in 2008 I released a CD of original music called “Respectable” (link goes to amazon Mp3 version, physical copies of the CD are available from me at the A-Zone). Penny and I collaborated on this song, all about her experiences surviving a terrible winter storm when she was attending Purdue University. This week’s weather inspired us to make a video for it, featuring Penny’s photos of current and older Texas ice and snow.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
With the recent trend in Facebook and Twitter deplatforming and shadow banning firearms-related content, I strongly encourage you to subscribe to this blog, as direct email and blogging remain the best ways to get un-filtered, un-suppressed information. The link to subscribe is on the right hand side of every page of the blog, including this newsletter.
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team