UPCOMING CLASSES AT THE A-ZONE
Sold out classes and a busy schedule kept us from putting out September and October newsletters. We have added a lot of classes and special events to the late winter and early 2022 schedule, as listed below.
Here are the classes we have coming up in Texas with space available. Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
Courses marked with *** are classes that count toward the Defensive Pistol Skills Program challenge coin. Any pistol course taught by in-house staff can count toward your elective hours.
Prices and registration links are at www.krtraining.com
- CPR/AED – Dec 4 $100
- Coin Holder Clinic – Dec 13 $50
- ***Personal Tactics Skills – Dec 18
- Stop the Bleed – Dec 18
- Who Wins, Who Loses and Why (John Hearne) – Jan 8
- Great American Gunfights – Newhall and Miami (John Hearne) – Jan 9
- Defensive Shotgun Essentials – Jan 15
- ***Basic Pistol 1 – Jan 21
- ***LTC Range (Online Completion) – Jan 21
- ***Handgun Beyond Basics Jan 29
- Basic Rifle – Jan 30
- Tactical Medicine Every Day Carry (Lone Star Medics) – Feb 5
- Knife/Medical Combo – Feb 6
- ***Team Tactics 2 person – Feb 13
- ***LTC Range (Online Completion) – Feb 19
- ***Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – Feb 19
- Intermediate Rifle – Feb 20
- Ben Stoeger USPSA courses – Feb 22/23, Feb 24/25, Feb 26/27
- Force on Force Instructor – March 4
- ***Personal Tactics Skills – March 5
- ***AT-2 Force on Force Scenarios – March 5
- ***Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – March 12
- ***Low Light Shooting – March 12
- Concealed Carry Street Encounters (John Murphy) – March 19-20
- Defensive Rifle 1 – March 26
ROAD CLASSES AND CONFERENCES
- Historical Handgun (FRC Range, Baton Rouge, Louisiana) – January 21 (REGISTER)
- Advanced Handgun (FRC Range, Baton Rouge, Louisiana) – January 22 (REGISTER)
- Rangemaster Tactical Conference (Dallas Pistol Club, Dallas) – March 24-27 (SOLD OUT)
- Area 4 Steel Challenge junior clinic (CCC Shooting Complex, Millican) – April 2-3
- Texas Handgun Association Annual Conference (Kerrville, Texas) – May 14-15
- Force on Force Instructor (FPF Training Culpeper, Virginia) – June 24
- Tactical Scenarios (FPF Training, Culpeper, Virginia) – June 25
FEATURED CLASSES: JOHN HEARNE IN JANUARY
John Hearne is a longtime Rangemaster Instructor known for his deep thinking and insightful lectures. He’s been a frequent guest on some of the best firearms related podcasts and an annual presenter at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference. These courses are material he’s presented at TacCon multiple times. Because TacCon sells out so quickly, he’s bringing these one day courses to KR Training in January:
Who Wins, Who Loses and Why is a broad survey of the most current research into human performance during interpersonal conflict. A strong emphasis is placed on understanding how the human mind works in order to optimize performance and increase one’s chance of dominating a violent encounter. A preview is here in this Ballistic Radio episode
Great American Gunfights (Newhall and Miami) – This course examines two of the most significant law enforcement gunfights of the twentieth century – the Newhall Massacre and the FBI-Miami Firefight. Featuring a Powerpoint presentation with original crime scene photos, lengthy Powerpoint animations, video clips, forensic psychological analysis, and an extensive tactical analysis, the students will develop a comprehensive understanding of these events. The training implication of these lessons will also be addressed.
These lecture courses are rarely offered, and are great material full of useful information. The Ballistic Radio episodes are just a preview of the course material.
links to interesting articles you would have seen if you followed our Facebook feed…
- Guns in Movies (Scott Reitz podcast)
- War hero Father Emil Joseph Kapaun
- Marksmanship Stress and Force On Force (KR Training blog)
- Current US Army draw technique (from the manual)
- Lee Weems on the EvoSec podcast mentions KR Training
- Class review of the Tactical Scenarios course I taught in Virginia
- Uncle Zo DPS-3 class review
- The Baldwin mishap (The Federalist)
- Uncle Zo Low Light Shooting class review
- The Stoeger Bandit Target (KR Training blog)
- Uncle Zo AT-2 Scenarios class review
- Latest Austin PD news
- Book review of a book Bat Masterson wrote
- Remembering Ronnie Jones (KR Training blog)
- Remembering Mary Ann Sanborn (KR Training blog)
- Can SCOTUS be trusted on the 2nd amendment? (The Federalist)
- After you buy a gun here’s what to do with it (The Federalist)
- Soros money successfully stopped the re-fund the police movement in Austin
- Recoil measurements and math from Uncle Zo
SONG OF THE MONTH
Here’s a video of me singing Van Morrison’s “Tupelo Honey” with the Black Cat Choir band, from our afternoon set at the Fayette County Fair back in September.
NEW BOOK FROM MIKE OX – PRE-RELEASE DISCOUNT
Trainer Mike Ox has a new book out: Real World Gunfight Training. He sent me a review copy and I gave him a quote to use on the book cover. It’s a very science-heavy book explaining the difference between institutional & group class training and the focused individual training top tier performers do. Classes are great for learning how to practice property, but real progress happens during that time spent after class reinforcing and improving on what you learned during the course.
The digital version of the book is available for 99c on pre-order from Amazon through Cyber Monday.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team
Pingback: LinkSwarm for 11/26/21 « Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog