Welcome to the KR Training September 2019 newsletter!
Most of our October classes filled up quickly, so I would encourage you to sign up now for any training currently scheduled. Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes, and click the “Register” link at the top of the page to sign up.
After a month full of travel, our October schedule focuses primarily on curriculum that is part of our 40-hour Defensive Pistol Skills program, followed by some NRA instructor training taught by myself, Tiffany Johnson and Aqil Qadir of Citizens’ Safety Academy. The last weekend of the month I’m on the road again to Watkinsville, GA, to teach Advanced Handgun and Tactical Scenarios.
MEDICAL TRAINING WITH LONE STAR MEDICS
It’s not too early to register for December 7 medical training with Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics. His Dynamic First Aid class should be on your list of “must-take” classes as a foundational medical skills class. You’ll learn field medicine skills in a day of scenario-based training. Pair it with Caleb’s Low-Light Medical class that evening, and you’ll have a solid grasp of what’s required to address medical emergencies in situations you may face in everyday life. This day of training is sure to sell out, so register now for one class or both. If you’ve taken the classes in the past but need a refresher (you do), sign up to maintain your skills and stay up-to-date on technique and gear best practices.
- Top 10 Take-Aways From Yesterday’s House Hearing On ‘Assault Weapons’, Mark Overstreet, The Federalist
- Firearms Policy Coalition brief, filed in Duncan v. Becerra case in 9th circuit court (pdf)
- 2019 Practical Pistol Reunion, Notes from KR
- After Action Project discussion of Karl’s Advanced Handgun course, AAP YouTube video
- Karl’s After Action Project podcast interview (download link)
- The Paseo Massacre – 1948, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: September 20, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Karl Rehn’s Tactical Scenarios AAR at FAS, Student AAR at Pistol-Forum.com
- Force on Force at Firearms Academy of Seattle, Notes from KR
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: September 13, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- The Top 10 Gun Laws Americans Really Need, Mark Overstreet, The Federalist
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: September 6, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
- Governor Abbott Issues Eight Executive Orders In Response To El Paso and Odessa Shootings, Press Release from Texas Governor Greg Abbott
- Why Republicans Shouldn’t Cave To Democrats On Guns, Mark Overstreet, The Federalist
- Beto’s Impossible Gun Ban Dreams, Reason.com
- Serious Mistakes Gunowners Make – The Book, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- New law mandates Texas schools have “Stop the Bleed” stations, kxan.com
- Weekend Knowledge Dump: August 30, 2019, Greg Ellifritz, Active Response Training
If you aren’t already a subscriber, to receive this newsletter each month, subscribe here or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. You can also follow and interact with us on Twitter or Instagram. Remember that I’m available for private lessons on weekdays until the end of October. Send me an email to schedule your training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team