Welcome to the KR Training May 2018 newsletter!
Check the schedule page on the KR Training website for the full list of upcoming classes.
If you aren’t already a subscriber to receive this newsletter each month, you can subscribe here or follow this blog. You can also follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter for more frequent posts and information.
SCHOOL SAFETY/ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE
We have a few slots still open in the June 2-3 Active Shooter Response course. The class was originally developed for armed teachers, but the course content is relevant and useful to anyone interested in active shooter response, including those involved with church and business security.
1/2 day and 1 day slots are available, for those that do not want to attend the entire course. For June 2-3 we will do all the live fire work in the mornings, and be in the classroom in the afternoons.
In addition to the June 2-3 session at the A-Zone, I am teaching another session June 11-12 at the Saddle River Range in Conroe, an indoor range facility.
ARMED PARENT COURSE
The class is useful and relevant to anyone that is armed or handles guns in situations where children may be present: whether they are related to you, or sitting next to you in church, standing behind you at the grocery store, or a few rows away in a movie theater. The shooting drills in the course are challenging and different from material you’ll see in any other live fire course. You don’t have to be a parent to attend. Anyone that carries a gun in public will benefit from attending this course.
There are 4 options:
1) Saturday morning lecture only. 4 hours, $100
2) Saturday afternoon shooting only: 4 hours, $175 (can be taken by itself w/o Saturday morning lecture)
3) All day Saturday. $275
4) Complete 2-day course. $450
MEDICAL PREPAREDNESS JULY 14-15
On July 14-15 we are offering a one time special medical class taught by Dr. Ben Weger. Medical Preparedness is an in-depth, two day course on medical issues for individuals and families looking to improve their overall readiness for medical issues. The student will learn various first aid skills necessary in an emergency, along with techniques to manage various illnesses and injuries until skilled help arrives.
No prior medical training is required to attend. The class will be inside in the air-conditioned classroom.
Sign up for Saturday morning ($120), all day Saturday ($200), or the full 2 day class ($350).
Family discount offer! Get two slots for $200/$350/$600 *must pay in full in advance for discount.
Basic & LTC Courses
- Handgun Coaching – June 16 am, July 21 am
- License to Carry – June 16 (Martin), July 21 (Rehn)
- Handgun: Beyond the Basics – July 7
- Basic Pistol 2 – July 28 (Daub)
Defensive Skills Program
- Defensive Pistol Skills 2 – June 9
- Personal Tactics Skills – June 9
- Defensive Pistol Skills 1 – July 28 (Daub)
Advanced Classes & Guest Instructors
- School Safety / Active Shooter – June 11-12 Saddle River Range Conroe, TX
- Armed Parent (Lauer/Johnston) – June 23-24
- Medical Preparedness (Weger) – July 14-15
RANGEMASTER TAC-CON NORTHWEST
Karl and Ed Vinyard will be representing KR Training at the NorthWest Regional Tac-Con, July 26-28, 2018, to be held at the Firearms Academy of Seattle in southern Washington state. Haven’t made summer vacation plans yet? Join us in the Pacific Northwest for cool weather and great training.
NOTES FROM KR: RECENT BLOG POSTS
- NRA Annual Meeting AAR
- More pics from 2018 A Girl and A Gun Conference
- Smith & Wesson EZ 380 Gun Review
- Smith & Wesson EZ 380 Gun Review: Part 2
- Blunt Force Trauma Lethality
Don’t miss future blog posts! Visit our blog site to sign up, and they’ll come straight to your email.
- Salient Shotgun Scholarship and Sermon for Sivilians [sic]: Rangemaster Defensive Shotgun Instructor Development Course, Sherman House, Civilian Defender
- FBI Miami Firefight: Five Minutes That Changed the Bureau, book by Edmundo & Elizabeth Mireles
- Dispelling False Narratives in the Wake of the Santa Fe Tragedy, Daily Signal
- Myths and Misconceptions, Claude Werner, The Tactical Professor
- Witnesses stop, shoot guns at crime in progress, Fox San Antonio News
- 20 leadership tips for firearms instructors, Police One
- Historical article about exhibition shooter Herb Parsons, SportsFirings.com
- Review of the Shield EZ380 by Ed Head of Gunsite, Downrange.TV
- Pistol Sights Under Various Lighting Conditions, The Firearm Blog
- Baylor University training classes for students, faculty and staff
- Thanking Match Directors, Target Barn
- Analysis of a Self-Defense Shooting in Brazil, Amit Nachman
- Crime in Dallas During the NRA Annual Meeting, Gun Free Zone
- In teaching, don’t criticize, condemn or complain, John Daub, Hsoi Blog
- Dirty Little Secrets, Kathy Jackson, Cornered Cat
- Latest Episode of The Situation with Paul Martin
- Wait, Otis McDonald is Black?, Tiffany Johnson, Front Sight Press
- Carry Gun Rotations Are a Bad Idea, Gun Nuts Media
The KR Training schedule shows most of the classes we plan to offer through late October 2018 and even a few already scheduled for 2019. Registration is open for everything listed.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team