The page at this link is our official COVID status page. Per new guidelines from Lee County masks are now mandatory inside the A-Zone classroom building. We have reduced the number of firing points on the main range to ensure students are 6 feet apart when on the line. We are running classes at 50% of normal capacity per state and county guidelines. We’ve added a second safe area to the main range to allow better social distancing between students and we have modified some courses to reduce indoor classroom time.
CLASSES ARE FILLING QUICKLY
Many of our classes through mid August are full or almost full. Weekday lessons are available with Karl for individuals, families, or small groups. Tina Maldonado and Sean Hoffman are available for weekday and weekend sessions in the NW Austin/Georgetown area, and Doug Greig is available in the Caldwell/Bryan/College Station and Conroe area. Training available is at any level, including LTC online completion. Contact us to schedule.
HOME DEFENSE TACTICS
Due to student requests we have added two sessions of our Home Defense Tactics course. This afternoon, all indoor, no live fire course uses “red guns” and other props to teach home-specific skills: how to do a security assessment of your home (lights, locks, windows, doors, cameras, alarms), and how to move indoors while armed (aka “house clearing”). The content of this course is different from Personal Tactics Skills (which is all about incidents in public). We have not offered the home defense in awhile. The course has no pre-reqs and is open to all regardless of shooting skill or experience.
UPCOMING CLASSES WITH SPACE AVAILABLE
We have added some classes to our July-September schedule. Want something not listed? Need DPS-3 to earn your challenge coin? Contact us and request it. We still have open dates in the coming months and want your input.
- July 11, 1p-3p, Long Gun Skill Builder
- July 17, 9a-3p, Texas License to Carry
- July 18, 2p-4p, Gun Rights Seminar (indoor lecture)
- July 19, 8a-4p, Red Dot Pistol Essentials
- July 25, 1p-4p, Tactics-Based Land Navigation (indoor lecture)
- July 26, 9a-1p, Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- July 26, 2p-5p, Home Defense Tactics (indoor, no shooting)
- August 1, Cut and Stuff (Knife/Medical Combo)
- August 2, Dynamic First Aid (indoor)
- August 7, 4p-7p, Correcting Common Shooting Errors (San Antonio)
- August 8, 4p-7p, Red Dot Pistol Essentials (short version) (San Antonio)
- August 8, 9a-12p, Basic Pistol 1
- August 8, 1p-5p, Personal Tactics Skills + Pepper Spray Essentials
- August 15, 9a-1p, Basic Pistol 2
- August 15, 2p-5p, Home Defense Tactics (indoor)
- Sept 26-27, MAG-20 classroom (Ayoob)
- Oct 17, Defensive Pistol Skills 2, Advanced Training 2, Low Light Shooting
- Oct 24, Defensive Pistol Skills 3
FIREARMS FOR SALE
A KR Training Assistant instructor is selling some guns from his personal collection, located in the Austin/Georgetown area. Contact Karl and he will connect you with the seller if you are interested in any of the following:
- Smith and Wesson MP AR 15 complete lower receiver assembly with Daniel Defense collapsible stock, $400.00
- Sig Sauer P938 Scorpion Flat Dark Earth. NIB with 4 magazines, $700.00
- Glock 21 Gen 4 NIB with 3 magazines, $550.00
- Glock 19 Gen 4 OD Green frame. NIB with 3 magazines, $550.00
- Glock 19X NIB with 3 magazines, $600.00
- Sig Sauer Legion P226 DA/SA with 3 magazines NIB. Includes SIG Legion series soft case, Sig Legion challenge coin, and folding knife. $1440.00
- Sig Sauer P320 X carry coyote tan with Romeo 1 optic. 2 magazines NIB, $750.00
- Kel Tec KSG 12 gauge shotgun, $850.00
JUNE BLOG POSTS
If you don’t subscribe to this blog or follow us on Facebook, you may have missed these articles we posted in June:
- Ammunition and Accuracy
- Rangemaster Master Instructor Course AAR
- Book Review – Basics of Pistol Shooting Pt 1 (NRA, 2020)
- Book Review – Basics of Pistol Shooting Pt 2 (NRA, 2020)
- Book Review – Basics of Pistol Shooting Pt 3 (NRA, 2020)
- Book Review – Basics of Pistol Shooting Pt 4 (NRA, 2020)
- 1920’s Police Qualification Course of Fire
- Gunsite and the C-Bar Ranch
- SIG Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor AAR
Karl and Sean Hoffman recently traveled to Gunsite to attend a SIG Academy Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor certification course. Paul Martin attended the Defensive Shotgun class Tom Givens taught at the A-Zone. Doug Greig was #2 overall shooter at the Rangemaster Instructor course in Dallas.
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team
I finally returned to playing a few gigs as a musician. Here’s a video from a Facebook livestream where I do a solo piano version of a classic Pink Floyd song. There are many other videos on youtube.com/karlrehnmusic to enjoy.