Ammunition has become very expensive and scarce. We have reduced the number of rounds required for most classes, and will continue to offer many no-live-fire defensive skills courses. Taking classes with .22 caliber guns will be allowed, and dry firing is always a good way to maintain and develop skills. COVID restrictions are still in effect, limiting class sizes and mandating masks indoors.
Here are the classes we have scheduled with space available through end of March. Some weekends were left open to add more courses as students request them or to reschedule in case of weather-related cancellations.
Don’t see the class you want here? Let us know. Many classes can be taught as weekday private lessons, or we can add it to the schedule if there’s enough interest.
- January 23, 10-12, Online LTC Completion / LTC Refresher / Basic Pistol 2
- January 24, 10-12, Online LTC Completion / LTC Refresher / Basic Pistol 2
- February 6, 10-12, Online LTC Completion / LTC Refresher / Basic Pistol 2
- February 6, 1-5, Defensive Pistol Skills 1
- February 20, 10-12, Skill Builder Pistol (100 round)
- February 20, 1-4, Defensive Shotgun Essentials
- March 5, Force on Force Instructor
- March 6, 8a-12, Defensive Pistol Skills 2
- March 6, 1-5, AT-2 Force on Force Scenarios
- March 6, 6-9, Low Light Shooting 1
- March 20-21, Street Encounter Skills and Tactics (John Murphy)
- March 27, 9-11 Stop the Bleed
- March 27, 12-4, Basic Pistol 2 (full 4 hour course)
NRA BASIC PISTOL INSTRUCTOR FEB 1-3
I’m offering the full NRA Basic Pistol instructor class Feb 1-3. This certifies you to teach the NRA Basic Pistol class, which is a pre-req for both the DPS License To Carry instructor course and the NRA’s CCW instructor class. A limited number of slots are still open in this course.
JOHN MURPHY CLASS IN MARCH
We are bringing national trainer John Murphy to KR Training in March, for his two day Street Encounters Skills and Tactics course. He has lowered the round count for this course to 250 rounds. Slots are still open.
REFRESHER SLOTS ARE HALF PRICE
Want to take a class you’ve taken before to keep your skills sharp? Refresher slots for most courses are half price!
DOUG GREIG CLASSES IN CONROE
Doug Greig will be offering classes on Saturdays at Thunder Gun Range in Conroe. Topics include Basic Rifle/Pistol, Intermediate Rifle/Pistol, Red Dot Pistol and more! His full schedule is here.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
New blog posts since the last newsletter:
- Vintage Shooting Times (1980’s)
- John Pepper’s original Pepper Popper drawing
- Holiday Bullet Art
- Gear upgrades, December 2020
- More Chuck Taylor historical docs
- Small Gun Class data 2019-2020
- 1998 Combatives
SONG OF THE MONTH
In early January I had the opportunity to play with national touring drummer Tom Brechtlein, who has recorded and toured with Robben Ford, Eric Johnson, and Chick Corea. Tom joined me and bassist Brian Lippman for a special show at the Third Floor Cantina in downtown Bryan (a venue where Tom and Robben Ford performed in the early 1990’s . We recorded the entire show live to multitrack, and Midnight Express lead singer Greg Patterson recorded a few video clips. I used the soundboard audio and Greg’s clips to make this video.
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
With the recent trend in Facebook and Twitter deplatforming and shadow banning firearms-related content, I strongly encourage you to subscribe to this blog, as direct email and blogging remain the best ways to get unfiltered, unsuppressed information. The link to subscribe is on the right hand side of every page of the blog, including this newsletter.
Keep up with the interesting articles, links, and stories we share in real time. Follow KR Training on Facebook or Twitter. Subscribe to this newsletter or follow this blog (right) for more frequent posts and information. Send me an email to schedule your private weekday training session.
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training team